“I have to believe that the dissonance in my life will eventually resolve.”
I read this quote on the blog of an acquaintance. She borrowed it from a friend's Facebook status and writes in great detail about the musical theory concept behind the statement. You can read her expanded thoughts here. Something really clicked with me when I read that statement, and made me realize how well it describes my life over the past many years. I know of lots of things that would contribute to the unsettled feelings I've had. Some things my own doing (or not doing), and some things beyond my control. I'm not going to expand on that right now, but I'm feeling optimistic that this move for our family will resolve some dissonance we have all been experiencing. I'm sure this ... whatever this is ... is partly reason for my lack of inspiration to blog. The urge to write and share our life is increasing, and I really do intend to keep more up to date. I promise. I still have a huge post in the works about my boys' schooling situation.
Having friends like these adds to the growing harmony in our lives. I don't want to get all mushy gushy here, but, really, I must. Paul and I know Chris and Sharon through various connections over the past decade and beyond, and to now be sharing life and ministry together - it just clicks. We have shared dozens of meals together already, and feel at ease in conversation and just living life. Here is a peek at our afternoon and evening. Sharon and her boys came over for dinner after a very busy day for her, while Paul was out with Chris, learning the fine art of mushroom picking (and selling, after which Chris generously shared the earnings even though he harvested twice as much as Paul did).
Cheese biscuits and my Mom's Macaroni Stuff casserole were on the menu.
Three boys will find left-overs in their lunch bag tomorrow.
So proud of their achievement!
With five confident and rambunctious boys together so often, we try to keep them occupied outside or AWAY from us for as long as possible, but at a certain point, both moms agree that a little screen time would be in the best interest of all parties involved. Tonight I chose Planet Earth, and while most of them balked, they were soon ... quiet.
Thank you for sharing a glimpse of your life. I am so pleased to know that you are settling in to a great new comfortable routine! I look forward to hearing more.
ReplyDeletelooks wonderful!
ReplyDelete