Wednesday, October 17, 2012

He turned 8! In July!

After Max told me that his 7th birthday was his WORST. EVER ... I did my best to make sure this year's big day was truly special.  
(Last year, he and Marty had a joint party in June at the gymnastics club - midway between their two birthdays. Max knew he was celebrating early and I tried to still make his actual birthday special, but
I found out later that it did not suffice.)

This window is a great place to decorate!
It stayed that way well past his birthday.

Let all who enter here know this is a special day!

I don't recall how they managed to convince me to buy this.
They're sneaky like that.

We went to Duncan to see Ice Age 4 with
their brothers from a different mother.

Special dessert with a candle at camp supper and the
birthday song from all the staff sitting on the patio.

Oma came for dinner and gift opening.
She brought more coin collecting supplies for our
budding blooming thriving numismatist.
He's been very interested in Narnia for the past year,
and I found this fantastic interactive book at Winners for $7.99!

Gift giving is easy (and inexpensive) when we walk past the desired items every time
we got through the dairy section as the grocery store! FORE!

We sure love you buddy! You're smart, curious, enthusiastic, creative, independent, perplexing, observant, engaging ... and the list goes on!

No comments:

Post a Comment