Little brother finally gets to be the star! After so many times as a spectator, Jaxon finally gets to be the one in on the action. He's watched his brothers do t-ball, soccer, soccer camp, curling ... now it's his turn!
I heard about the T-Ball league in Lake Cowichan and tried to get more information but I didn't know who to get in touch with. When Jennie-Lynne posted a picture of Leilani's first practice last week, I was determined to find out more info, to get Jaxon to join in the fun. I finally made the right connections, got Jax an overpriced helmet, and tonight was the first practice. He's been very excited all week from the anticipation.
He gets to keep the super cool cap, borrowed the glove from big brother, and didn't seem to notice that most of the other kids are wearing cleats.
He got to choose his own numbered jersey, and though I was excited to see #1 was available, he thought he might like #12. I trumped it because the 1 was a size small and the 12 was a medium. The small is already to his knees, so I'm glad he agreed.
It was so sweet watching these little 4-year olds figure out all the details of the game. So many parents out on the field, coaching them where to go. Jax put out some pretty nice hits, though I wasn't surprised. He's definitely the athlete among my three boys. Marty is the artist, Max is the intellectual.
Of course the main reason he's taking part is to spend some time with his lady friend and fellow camp kid, Leilani. Oh, are they ever cute.
Max and Marty spent the hour playing tag and who knows what else with a few other older siblings (girls!). The oldest player on our team and her older sister who was also there, have been coming to Sunday school at our church with their great-grandpa. Today I got to meet their Mom and Dad as well. I've seen the Dad walking the younger one home from school, so it was nice to make that connection.
I hope you can see this video, not sure if I did the settings correctly ...




SUPER cute, SO fun and again...SUCH a mini-Paul!!
ReplyDeleteyup, yup, and yup! :)
Deleteso many great, cute pictures of Jax! how fun for him to be in t-ball! way to go, Jaxon!
ReplyDeleteGo Jaxon Go!!!
ReplyDelete