Friday, November 1, 2013

Halloween

Not my favorite time of year AT ALL, but we participate enough to satisfy the desire for tradition and memories.

For the third year in a row, we went trick-or-treating with the Burdge family in our wee town of Mesachie Lake. It's quiet and calm with only a few other families out and about. The newspaper mans set up his camera outside the house with the scariest decor. We may see some of our boys in the paper! After the streets, we went to the community hall for visiting with neighbors, hot dogs, hot chocolate and a big bonfire. The fire hall guys host the event, and the Chief and two other guys judged the kids' costumes. Jax won  2nd place (and $3!) for his age group.

I waited too long to buy pumpkins and there were NONE at the store on Wednesday. I only had two small ones at home for decoration. I was pleased when a friend offered us four biggies! We only started the process at about 2 pm so we didn't get to do all the designs we planned. We may get to one more this weekend. 




This ridiculous amount of candy was compiled and they each filled a medium size ziplock bag with their faves. I will probably let them loose on it tomorrow morning so most of it will be gone. I can't stand them having a stash as they are constantly asking when they can have more, more, MORE! The excess went to my small stash, a bigger stash for Paul, and the rest is going to the Auxano house.



Lego man
Minion (from Despicable Me)
Angry Bird

This post was composed on my phone! 
Will see how it looks on the big screen. :)

*Edited on the big screen to correct photo sizing and add captions. 

4 comments:

  1. Great post. Cute pics of the boys:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Favourites: your method of rationing candy and the Despicable Me pumpkin. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that you still check in with me, Amanda!

      Delete
    2. It's better than FB because I get longer stories and more photos. I really do miss your family.

      Delete