Wednesday, July 2, 2008

29.5

I didn't realize my little tease of "once in a lifetime photos" would cause such a fuss. Fuss no longer!

Saturday evening we finally got to go to the long-awaited surprise half-birthday party for Scott. Corinna had been planning for months, and had given plenty of notice that it would be a COSTUME PARTY. I'm really not a costume sort of gal. Nor is Paul. He's not a gal. And he's not really a costume sort of a guy. We've both had our shining moments in our younger years, but haven't had much opportunity to do so much recently. She said the theme could be anything from wrestling (you know that was my first pick!), Pirates, ... and I forget what other crazy, not my type sort of ideas she gave. My plan for the boys was easy, they went as pirates. Yarrrr! But, neither Paul or I had any clue what to do. I sent him to the website for a party supply store a few towns over, hoping he'd find inspiration. And insipration, he did find! On Wednesday before the party I spent a few hours (!) at Value Village, trying to find something suitable to compliment his chosen theme.

Here's what we came up with ...


What a shame, I forgot to put on my sweet red leather purse and black & white polka dot shoes for the picture! We were happy with our attempt to be somewhat relevant to the theme (I said somewhat, okay?) and we had a good time. By the end of the evening I was wishing I had brought a change of clothes, as everyone slowly seemed to go back to their regular attire and I stayed in my 80's glory.

This is the best picture I got of Max the whole night. After this he was busy, busy, busy - exploring the place, inside and out. He made a few new friends that night. I love to see how much other people love him!

Marty stormed the pink palace ... ... and then worked his magic with the babies, ladies, princesses, Wonder Women!
The party was hosted at the home of Scott's sister's in-laws. We all had such a great time! Our nice evening out with such fine hospitality made it an easy decision to make the 2-hour round trip again on Tuesday for a farewell party for our Kiw-Asian friends. :) This visit was much shorter as it was at the end of a long day out in the sun (for me and the boys) and a long day at work for Paul. Max insisted on wearing his pirate gear again, and once again he charmed "the folks", as he called them. There were more "folks" of his grandparents generation that he made fast friends with. Ever since our first visit on Saturday, he's been asking to go back again. I think we'll fulfill that wish of his, and even enjoy their back yard pool next time, NOW THAT MAX'S CAST HAS BEEN REMOVED! (Woop, woop!) Of course, more to come on that. :)

Time for sleepies.

6 comments:

  1. You guys look great!...you're not tempted to adopt the eighties thing permanently? It's very 'in' now I hear...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...now where did I put that ra-ra skirt...

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA HA HA HA!!!! Now those are once in a life time for sure... and for good reason. ;) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting!! That looks like it was so much fun. I LOVE your couple photo. To funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys look great like that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you guys are HOT! Yikes, definitely don't miss the 80's.

    ReplyDelete