Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Taking names

Baby BOY names, that is!

We finally got the call we've been waiting for ... another boy is joining our family! I really wasn't surprised when my midwife told me the results. Not disappointed, but not really surprised either. Paul said, "well, one less wedding that we have to pay for!" When I told Max, I drew it out for suspense. He hung on every word and when I paused too long for his liking, he prompted me to go on ... "and, what is it Mommy?". "A boy!" His immediate response was "Great!". This was a relief to me because he's been saying he wants a sister. (He says girls are so beautiful. He's even make several comments to me on how pretty I look. Sweet boy.)

I really am interested in baby boy name suggestions, although we think we've got one picked out already. The main criteria is that the second letter has to be 'a'. If I haven't told you why yet, can you guess?

7 comments:

  1. i like "malcolm", "malakai" and "jasper" a lot! the first two would be nice, because then you would have 3 boys with "m-a"....
    congrats on boy no 3!
    leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like "Malcolm" too. I also like "Mathew" with means "a gift from God", but then "Matt" would sound alot like "Max" around the house, etc...hmmm... "Malin" means "a little warrior"...which he might have to be with 2 older brothers!
    So, is the 2nd letter "a" because you all have that going on? Pa..Ra..Ma..Ma...?
    - Auntie Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am no help on this one....boys names are so hard! Seth wasn't named until after he was born...he just looked like a Seth and it wasnt even a name we had talked about before!
    Maybe that will happen to you...God will just put a name to the face of your baby boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am guessing you would like the second letter to be an "A" for the same reason "Auntie Debbie" did.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes , congrats on three boys ! what about Xander/Zander or Jack , i like those ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I am SO behind!! Congratulations on baby boy #3!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! A baby boy! I can see you two as parents to 3 active and fun little boys! I like Kaleb for a boy and Jack is cute too. Can't wait to meet the little guy.

    ReplyDelete