Well it didn't come out of nowhere, it came from somewhere, and I know exactly where that somewhere is. The puzzling part is why it came from that certain somewhere at the time that it did.
Max came into our room at 4:30 this morning to tell us that he accidentally peed in his pants. Huh?! This hasn't happened since early January, 2007. I know that, because he peed in the bed on our little winter holiday at the Rustic Roost in Smithers. He had been potty trained for about 6 weeks and it was his first and only bed-wetting (day or night!). That one was understandable, although unfortunate as he was sleeping in the brand new queen bed they had just purchased. The damage wasn't too bad, and she would have never known if we didn't have to strip the bed. We left a tip when we paid the bill. And chocolate. (And we later discovered that we also left 2 cases of Nature Valley chewy granola bars we had bought at Costco. That's quite the tip!)
So last night's episode was quite a surprise. It wasn't a whole lot, but definitely enough to necessitate a change of jammies. The sheets and blankets were dry, as he usually sleeps on top of his blanket. He often wakes up to go pee at night, so I wonder if he was just too tired and didn't wake up in time. Of course Marty woke up in the process of changing clothes, so he needed some extra snuggles and company to fall back asleep. I crawled back into my bed shortly after 5:00.
When Max woke again just before 7:00, he peed the longest pee I've ever heard (from him, at least). I asked about the colour. He said last night it was just water and this morning it was dark yellow. I was still in bed so just took his word for it. We haven't had anything out of the ordinary today so I'm hoping it was just a flukey episode that won't be repeated.
I plan to start potty training Marty at the end of this month. I suspect he'll be a little harder to train than Max was. I hope I'm wrong.
i just read the post about the durl who may have a different skin color than either you or paul...i am still laughing!
ReplyDeleteHI Rachel,
ReplyDeleteSo, Dr H is taking you back!! Yeah! He's so nice! How cool to have your baby in the new hospital. The Langley ward was still pretty new when I had my first.
Hope you're feeling well, I'm in the final stretch!
Becky