Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I'm feeling so far behind in posting photos with detailed commentary, and I'm a bit weary of making slideshows, so I'm taking the really easy way out and sending you off to see my Facebook albums from April, May and June. I haven't done our Prince Rupert trip yet, that will come.

April pictures HERE, May pictures HERE, and June pictures HERE.

Point form update:

- Paul is fighting a cold. He always wins.
- Paul is helping a friend with house renovations this month.
- Jaxon doesn't like to sleep alone at night.
- Jaxon has had at least a 2 hour afternoon nap the last two days. This is good news.
- Jaxon wants to crawl very badly. I'm not encouraging it just yet. I'd like him to wait till we're in our new house WITH NO STAIRS!
- Max will be in the afternoon Kindergarten class. All his preschool friends will be in the morning class.
- Max is almost five and thinks he's got life figured out.
- Marty is three and thinks he rules the universe.
- I bought the book "Have a New Kid by Friday" by Kevin Lehman. Hoping to read and implement it soon.
- We had a very successful garage sale.
- Some people who shop garage sales don't want to pay more than $5 for ANYTHING, no matter what it's worth.
- Most people who shop on Craigslist are much more likely to give you what you are asking for the item.
- We're in the midst of the pre-move purge. I am making almost daily trips to the MCC store and the Sally Anne.
- We're collecting boxes.
- We're tying to keep the house tidy as our landlord is trying to sell and rent out this house at the same time.
- We're very excited to move.
- I think Jax has stopped his hourly wake-ups (since 9:00 this evening) and it's safe for me to crawl into bed. (Every time I pick him up he lets out a tiny burp. That can't be what's bothering him. I laid him on his tummy the last time, seems to be better than his side.)
- I'll be starting him on solid foods very soon, hoping that will fill his tummy and reduce the night wakings.
- No clever closing to this post. Good night.

4 comments:

  1. Great pictures! So many I really liked. I will have to show Aiden the cherry picker.....way too cool. I laughed so hard at the marker on Jax's face. The zoo pictures were good. That was a fun day. I hope that the move prep is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. let me know how that book is and do you think it could give me Two new kids by fri. ;)

    -denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're awesome. Have a great weekend, Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you had a chance to look at the book yet?

    ReplyDelete