• It's official ... he's one of ours! He even tidied up his lunch dishes before dozing off.

Historical proof that my kids are cool like that - here ... and here.
Jax also took his first ride facing forward in the back seat of the van today, nestled between his brothers. I made the switch so we could take out the middle row of seats to make it easier to transport the double stroller to and from the lake for my "runs" without having to collapse it first. He loved being with the boys, sharing their blueberry bagel, and seeing so much more out the windows. I think he actually fought sleep as he just couldn't stop looking around.
• Marty slept with a toque for the first time last week. Just to mix things up a bit.

He also (finally!) said a word he's been struggling with for a while. While asking for the millionth time today for me to touch his back "likely", he also tried "light-me" before he finally figured out how to say "lightly".
• And then to top the day off, our first boy lost his first tooth. His front bottoms have been loose for a looooong time. On Tuesday, I asked him if he thought he'd lose one by next Tuesday. He's been a bit nervous about the actual losing part. His friend at school told him it hurt a lot and that he bled a lot. Thanks for that, buddy. Tonight as we were reading before bed he jumped up and went to look in the hallway mirror. It was just barely hanging on. At my suggestion that it just might come out tonight, he panicked a bit. I got him to sit back down to finish the story, only to have him jump back up to the mirror again. He didn't say anything but I saw him with his fingers in his mouth. Suddenly the tooth was in his hand! I think it just fell right out, no extra effort from any of us. After announcing that it was out, the first thing he said was "Look how much higher I can jump now!" Then he jumped. The Tooth Fairy needs to make a quick stop at the bank for a 2010 Toonie (or 10) before making her first visit to the underside of his pillow.




As much fun as it would be for him to show his friends at school tomorrow, I'm planning to keep him home. He's had a runny nose for a few days and it's getting quite bothersome for him. He really wanted to go to school today for computer lab and gym. That tired him out quite a bit. (The whining! Oh, the whining!) I think we'll go to the zoo instead. First trip in a long time. Gotta get there as much as we can before our membership expires in April.
Happy Friday, everyone!
Hi Max,
ReplyDeleteThanks for the picture and the big smile! Did the tooth fairy come? Hope you have a great day.
Love Oma
So many great pics, Rach! Your boys make me smile. I love the worried look prior to losing his tooth, and the look of triumph and pride afterward. Exciting stuff in a little guy's world! I think my favourite thing is his immediate mental connection to being able to jump higher... duh! Of course! Why didn't I ever think of that!?!
ReplyDeleteI love all the sleeping photos of your boys. Rawley was never like that. :)
ReplyDeleteYay Max for loosing his first tooth. It is so exciting!!
Love the sleeping pics. I think it's so funny that all 3 have undergone that rite of passage. Losing teeth already! How exciting. Marty in the toque, too cute.
ReplyDeleteThanks for coming out of hibernation Rach...and for all your sweet comments on my blog last week...we DO need to catch up some time! And, a favour.... if I ever have another child, can we inject it with whatever gene makes your children sleep in highchairs, (or showers for that matter) I simply cannot fathom!
ReplyDeletecute, Meg. ;)
ReplyDeleteOh so cute. I love all the sleeping pictures (I looked back on the historical evidence). And I think Marty with a toque in bed is just really classic.
ReplyDeleteCute.
Hope to see you at playgroup tomorrow...
I got all confused with the other Megan (no H) comment that I forgot what I was going to say!
ReplyDeleteKeep up the great work Rhino Mom... that wasn't what I meant to say either.. I mean that you're doing a great job with the working out and all, by all FB accounts! way to go!
How did I miss this post?? It must have been in a blog-out phase. I looooove those little men. Can't wait to see you soon. Blessings as your little guys continue to grow into wonderful young men.
ReplyDelete