Sunday, September 26, 2010

let it be forever recorded ...

Late this afternoon I reminded my boys and the neighbour boys - again - that they don't have yell at each other all the time, and all at the same time. Marty then told them: "Listen to my Mommy. She knows everything!". He didn't know I heard him speak this truth, so at dinner time I planted the seed in his impressionable little heart again. I told him that I know that he'll grow bigger if he eats his dinner. He asked me how I know. I told him I know that because I know everything. Then his eyes got big (like only his can) and he said "I told my friends that you know everything and they said that you don't." I said "Well, I'm sorry but your friends are wrong." He asked how I knew that. I told him that I know that because I know everything. He wasn't quite sure, but I think, at least for today, he believes me. Tomorrow (and about 6 years from now) will be a different story.


And totally unrelated ... the final rides and drives on the battery operated dump truck we bought on Craigslist last September, and sold this August.  Long story, and now it's long gone. And we're okay with that. (Although Max saw these pictures and asked if he could somehow have one more ride.)


8 comments:

  1. So adorable! Love those kids of yours! Also, I'd like another phone chat... I'll try to catch you one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! It may be after midnite, but this just made me laugh out loud!!! I guess we should enjoy our "status" while we still can, hey ? I love the way you write, Rach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I love it! My clever, clever friend.
    That dump truck also looks pretty amazing. Aiden would love something like that although I am sure our back yard would look like a real construction site with holes everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Use every advantage available! My sister (LF) said it was a very sad day when her kids realized that she actually didn't have eyes in the back of her head - they had believed her for quite some time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha! You'll have to tell him this story when he gets older. :)
    Cute, cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's great! hmm, what other things can we make our kids believe?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! Rachel - you crack me up!!! I love that you milked the experience for all it was worth... I can totally see Marty's little face showing his thoughts as he processed your statements and reasoning... love it... I literally laughed out loud. Yes, I know it's late, but still hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. and I really enjoyed laughing with you at the game. Loved it! Looking forward to dancing!!!

    ReplyDelete