~ North Pacific Cannery in Port Edward, BC ~
click the link to see the Cannery on a sunny day

Anyway, Fall is here and I couldn't be happier! All the colours, festivities (not limited to back-to-school, Thanksgiving, my birthday, Paul's birthday, Jaxon's birthday, Christmas, our anniversary and New Years!), traditions and routines. I really love and crave routine but am terrible at establishing and maintaining it on my own. The structure of fall activities helps get me back on track after the willy-nilly lazy days of summer.
First on the list ... back to school! I forgot my camera on Max's first day of Grade 1. A few days later I had him stand in the same spot he did for his picture last year. He's in a class with many of his buddies from Kindergarten, and is excited that he gets to see his friends from church and way back in preschool at recess and lunch.
Then there's Marty ... (I have a feeling we'll be saying that a lot over the years with this character!) I wasn't sure how keen he would be about going back to preschool since he was getting two new teachers. Turns out he was very keen to get back to preschool! So keen that he really didn't have time for me to take many photos. One thing I really love about our schedule this year is that as long as the timing and the weather are good, we can get home from driving Max to school and then bust out the stroller to walk Marty to preschool 2 blocks away. I guess after my opening paragraph about how much I love the weather this time of year, I better bust out my rain jacket and enjoy the elements on my walk! In his class this year, there are a few more boys that I think he'll have a good connection with (I already know the moms), although he often tells me he played trains with a girl or by himself. He's our little Maverick.
Jaxon is finding ways to deal with the quietness of the house - often going outside ...
... when he's not ... otherwise occupied.
He'll be getting a painting lesson just as soon as Paul locates the can of leftover wall paint.
On a related note, he's now very familiar with the expression "Uh oh.".
Back at it in the morning!
G'night!








mmmm... I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way about fall! Although I did enjoy this summer in a lot of ways... but when I express my feelings about the coziness of a good storm or enveloping fog, I'm usually met with mockery and disdain. Glad I have a kindred spirit in you, Rach!
ReplyDeleteLove your pics of the boys... Marty's lunchbox is great! ...and Jax looks like a fun one. LOL! I want to know what you said/did to obtain those stoic photos of him next to his handiwork. I'm imagining a firm tone and a battle to keep from laughing when you held up the camera...?
I love Autumn and spring best too, the storms, the glowing after rains and the cozy evenings. They are by far my favorite seasons.
ReplyDeleteBut where were you that it was such a hot summer? normally heat sensitive me didn't feel it this year.
there is something wonderful about fall! although i love summer, by the time we hit the end of august fall is welcomed...feeling cozy, getting into some sort of schedules, picking pumpkins...and a fall day like today is perfect:)
ReplyDeleteSeptember is my favorite month of the year. I agree with you about the coziness of a rainy, dark day. I miss the rain storms in Rupert too. I figure if it is going to rain, then it my as well RAIN! The pictures of the boys are so sweet. They are each so unique and they always put a smile on my face. I wish you could come over for a play date. We could enjoy tea and muffins. It would be great!
ReplyDeletei do love fall too and i'm feeling ready for it not quite as eager as i usually am, but i know that when the cooler mornings come i'll be smiling big :)
ReplyDeleteI was hoping for Welsh Cakes.
ReplyDeleteok, welsh cakes it is!!
ReplyDeleteJax is way to cute! love the apron
ReplyDeleteI can't believe this is the second fall that I am missing!
ReplyDeleteHmm your littlest one looks kinda pleased with his work...
I agree - fall is the best! By the way...is that one of your zucchini chocolate muffins that Jax is holding in the stroller? I have a post-it note on my cupboard reminding me to make those this week! :)
ReplyDeleteand it'll be your birthday, too. Maybe being born at this time of year boosts my affection for it. :)
ReplyDeleteyes, sure is! that was the last one for a while, the rest are in the freezer. when he started pooping straight muffins, I knew it was time to take a break. but they sure are good!
ReplyDeleteyour kids are so adorable! i love how they all look so different from one another. i can totally relate to your first paragraph. it rained here today for the first time since spring and i can't even tell you how warm and cozy and safe and HAPPY i felt all day. i'll always be a BC girl at heart.
ReplyDeletealso, i just have to ask, is marty's preschool at central heights church? because if it is, then i know that doorway quite well. i used to have little makeout sessions with my "boyfriend" back in grade 9 right there in that little stairwell/doorway! TMI?
Oh Heidi, I'm so glad you got rain! I would really miss it if I lived somewhere like California or Saudi Arabia, like my friend Kristin posted earlier. Yes he is at CHC. Thanks for the history lesson. I'll try not to think of the Jr. High Heidi when I take him through that door tomorrow. :)
ReplyDelete