Friday, December 30, 2011

I want to lose 50 pounds.

Pronto!

50 would be ideal.
40 is more realistic.
35 is a must!

I don't want to lose it, I want to do what Sandi Patty says and "release" it!


I am 50 lbs. heavier than I was before I got pregnant with Max.
Yet I'm only 20 lbs. under my heaviest pregnancy weight. This is not good.

My plan is this:

- Get more sleep

- Drink more water

- Switch to green tea with honey rather than black tea, turned beige with cream!

- More green veggies (Spinach smoothies, huzzah!)

- Get outside to walk (maybe run, eventually) and ride my bike
With Paul's new work schedule, I'll be able to get out for some "me time" before he leaves in the morning, then be back in time to start our school day at home. I also have to make sure my boys get 30 min./day of moderate to strenuous physical activity. I'm told that wrestling on the living room floor can count towards that, but we need to get outside!

- Climb Mesachie Mountain, more than once!

- Learn to swim, for real swim.
I can keep myself afloat but I don't have much technique or stamina to work with.
My goal is to swim across the lake by the end of summer. You got that, Coach?

- Too much dough. Too much sugar. For our whole family. It's gotta stop!


I've made attempts like this before. A few times. Yet I feel like this time I'm actually in a place in life where I can really make it happen!

And now I shall only drink water for the next 10 days ... okay not really.
But it's time to get real about getting healthy.


9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops - I posted and then noticed spelling mistakes :) So what I attempted to incorrectly say before.... I know you can do it and maybe a mid year visit from a friend to check in on progress will be motivating? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little steps, little goals all add up to big results :) Great goals Rach! It's hard...i am always struggling and slipping (and haven't been outside for 5 days...seriously!) but you have to 'get yourself up, dust yourself of and start all over again' (a little Diana Krall for you there).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you have made some great goals. I need to make some changes too. Less caffeine and sugar, more nutrition,water and exercise (for my mental health!)
    We can encourage each other.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you! There's always a lot of dough & sugar at Christmas time.
    You'll love Sonlight! It's so fun to open the box when it comes!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachel... I SO hear you... and am with you on this!! I've worked out 3 times this past week... the hard part is to stay MOTIVATED!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, girls! @Anita - YES!!! that would be highly motivating. @Dolly - good for you! Let's keep in touch with how it's going for both of us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Healthy living helps balance all areas of your life! I'm here to listen and to encourage you guys. Go, go, gadget clean food!

    :)

    ReplyDelete