Thursday, December 27, 2012

whoooo?

It seems as though I've started an owl collection.  I was chatting tonight with my Auntie Jean, who I learned had given a few owls to my Grandma over the years. I called to let her know about my growing collection, and to let her know that if any of Grandma's owls needed a home, I'd be happy to help. She declined, but said she'd love to see what I have, and invited me to go see her owl friends next time I'm in the area.  Since I went to all the trouble to send her pictures with captions, how could I not post it all here?

Novel idea, I know!

I've been noticing owls for a few years now, and only recently have I started actually bringing them home with me.  

Here is whoooo I have in my collection ...

I found this guy at the thrift store, he's one of those old cast iron trivets. 
He's hanging on the wall in our homeschool room.

This guy is a stained glass project that I did with a friend this summer. 
He's about 2' tall and hangs in the window of our homeschool room.

Next, I found this guy at W!nners. They had lots of them for sale in October,
though not many were simple like this. Most had sequins and feathers and were kind of creepy. He started out in the living room but has moved onto my computer desk. He's about 9" tall.

Shortly after meeting Mr. Orange Owl, I found Mr. Snowy Owl at Superst*re. 
Jennie-Lynne got him for me for my birthday so I had to wait a while to bring him home. (When I say "JL got him for me" ... I mean that I bought him and took him to her house to wait several weeks until my birthday. Then she paid me back.) He stays in the living room for now. He's about 10" tall.

Next, I found this cool wall hanging on the Ik*a website.
I had no idea how big it was until Sharon picked it up for me and brought it home. It's about 2' x 3'. I love how it contrasts so nicely against the wood wall ... also in the homeschool room. It came mounted on foam board and already had clips for hanging! I like that there are 3 of them, like my boys. 
I don't point that out to them because of all the pink,
purple and lace in the piece!

I just got these the other day from a friend who has a business 
{Savvy Redesigns} of claiming old, broken down items, and re-finishing them. She posted them on her website and I claimed them right away!
They're porcelain and itty bitty, the big one only about 3" high. They're on the dresser in the bedroom, as they'd be lost and vulnerable to the boys anywhere else in the house!

I almost forgot about this one! I found it at the thrift store a few weeks ago.
It's a necklace ($5), but I put it right on my sparsely branched Christmas tree
and it looks right at home there! However, I won't be packing it away with 
the Christmas decor ...

I also have 5 little felt owl Christmas ornaments that I got a few years ago.

4 comments:

  1. I'm a huge owl fan, too!! I love how you've used them to decorate your home, and especially your home school room :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a hint about that with you Lisa, from your blog template. :)

      Delete
  2. I just learned something new about you. Whoooo knew?
    Very cute collection! I especially love the Ikea wall hanging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well there you go! Now you tell me something about YOU that I don't know! :)

      Delete