With Mom and Dad still not settled into their new home, and with the majority of their children occupied with moving and settling of their own, her birthday will not have much fanfare today. I had kind of forgotten about it today but remembered at supper time and made the call. Kudos to Dad for doing better than that. He remembered before lunch time! He thought it was strange that she decided to go out for lunch with her girlfriends ... what could be so special about today? Then he remembered. Good man. Although we can't celebrate with Mom today, we're looking forward to celebrating their new home, retirement, and 60 years of life, when we all get together at Christmas. I love you, Mom! Your 60 years of life have enriched the lives countless of others. I'm glad to be one of them.
And in other family news, I'm thrilled to share the news that my sister Laurel-Anne is expecting their fifth child, due April 21! Good thing they got that Suburban this year. :)
Congratulations, Leona! Welcome to the 60's club. 1947 was a good year. And congratulations to Laurel-Anne - hope you are feeling well. #5 has a nice ring to it.
ReplyDeleteYay for wonderful blessings.
ReplyDelete