Last night while on my coffee break at work, I called Paul to talk about some scheduling things. In the background I heard Marty singing, or something like that. I asked Paul what that was about, and he said they were watching a show on Knowledge Network about whales, and Marty was mimicking the whales. He was so good at it! Singing and calling out to his whale friends. I wish I could have heard it in person.
The boys are watching Lunar Jim right now, the ultimate best show in this house. Max just told me that "Lunar Jim is everybody's favourite astronaut.". He knows that after Lunar Jim, we turn the tv off. I had turned it back on one day to take a peek at Drew Carey on The Price is Right, and Max scolded me, saying "After Lunar Jim the TV goes off, Mommy!". Right, thank you.
Here's a few pictures of life around here lately.
Marty was majorly fussy one evening, and Paul found a solution.
Peanuuuuuut, peanut butter!

My friend LaDawn was in town for a fundraiser for the orphanage she worked at in Haiti, God's Littlest Angels. It was held at the church I grew up at. I went for the dinner and evening and got a little sample of what her experience was like in Haiti. I bid on some cool stuff in the silent auction but didn't win. Too bad. Charis arrived right at the end and the three of us went out for gourmet desserts at Afterthoughts. LaDawn spent the night here, slept on Max's bottom bunk. Max was already asleep when she arrived but we had told him he'd be having someone sleep in his room. In the morning, he confessed that he had climbed part way down the ladder and peeked at her. The boys had lots of fun with her, and it was fun for me to introduce them to her. I met her in 1996 when she was Charis' roommate at TWU. I was there visiting often and got to be really good friends with her as well. For those who don't know, Charis & I grew up together in Clearwater, well, just until the end of Grade 3. After that we had a long distance friendship that remains to this day, now we're both mamas and are sharing this new adventure together.
LaDawn, Charis, Rachel - together for the first time in, hmm, 10 years! Now we're all grown up with children of our own. My two, Charis' one, and LaDawn's hundreds from Haiti! This was the first time she had met both our husbands, too.
Such funny stories. Kids make me laugh!
ReplyDeletethat tim hortons story is great!
ReplyDeleteLunar Jim is Micah's new favourite as well :) Will you be at playgroup tomorrow?
ReplyDeleteLove the stories and pictures of the kids. :)
ReplyDeleteI always love getting together with old friends too, 10 years is a long time thought very neat.
Your updates are always worth waiting for. The stories and pictures are truly priceless.
ReplyDeleteHey Rach, I have to tell you, i loooove reading your blog. Its so wonderful and funny and great. Its nice to know what you guys are up to, and you always write it in such an attractive and inviting way. I think you should write a book. About being a mom of two, and you could incorporate your blogs into it :-) Just a thought:D
ReplyDelete