Paul took Max into the bathroom to brush his teeth before bed. The window had been open, the door closed, and the fan on, to get rid of the smell from the diaper pail. It was super cold so Paul closed the window.
Max piped up and said "no, no, no! don't do that!" Paul asked him why.
"Because I like to talk to God and Jesus."
"How do you do that?"
"I just talk to God and Jesus and Great Grandpa."
I asked him to show us how he does that.
He stood up on the toilet, looked out the window and said ...
"Um. It's taking a long time ... for me to become a man ... so could you help me with that?"
(Paul doesn't think he said that last bit but I'm pretty sure I heard it.)
We've been telling him the story of Adam & Eve for a few weeks. He saw the Veggie Tales "Larry Boy and the Bad Apple" movie, so he's been curious about it. Now at bedtime we tell him the story. Paul said that tonight, Max told most of the story, with some prompting. He talked about God and Jesus walking around in the garden, at which point he stood up and dropped down on his bum. Paul asked him what that was.
"That was God and Jesus coming down from the clouds."
Apparently, Great Grandpa is now also part of the "temptation story".
:)
Too cute! Their imaginations and ability to comprehend is absolutely amazing
ReplyDeleteLove it!!!
ReplyDeleteThat's totally adorable.
Love that Great Grandpa is included! :)
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! I think Gramma Hiebert would like to hear that story.
ReplyDeleteI love how Max is so inquisitive and aware of so much around him. I think God has huge plans for this boy...
ReplyDeleteThis is such a cute story Rachel...what a "man" in the making!
ReplyDelete