Thursday, August 13, 2009

wee little tour guide

Our house is slowly becoming our home. We love it here. We're so blessed, so thankful for God's provision of this house. It's amazing, really. We feel calm and at peace, even amongst the boxes and disarray. Having left the old house behind, I think we're just now realizing how that arrangement made our lives unnecessarily stressful.

I'm not ready for the big reveal of this here, our new home, but here's a sneak peek, courtesy of Jaxon. (Because, really, how many of you are just here for pictures of a cute baby in his fabulous new digs??)

See him there? Waaaaaay across the other side of the deck?
We love our big, beautiful deck overlooking our big beautiful yard.

Christening the kitchen sink.
Mr. Tippy-toes, Inspecting the contents of one of the THIRTEEN drawers in the kitchen. We even have our pots and pans in drawers. Glory be!

I just had to throw this one in. I didn't get there in time to catch the action, but the boys have dubbed this "the peeing tree". Our tenant was BBQ-ing and saw them both peeing on that big tree. What ev's. Better that than coming inside and then forgetting about how much fun it was playing outside.

One lazy susan and one clever boy.
From the dining room, supervising the hosing off of the deck.
From the far corner of the kitchen, looking through the dining room to the living room. (That's my computer desk, glowing and white, to the left of the fireplace in the far corner of the living room.)
From the dining room again, looking back into the kitchen.

Uff-da. I'm tired. Thanks for checking in on us!

18 comments:

  1. Nice digs! Especially happy to see so much safe play area for the boys! Happy boys = happy mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and that deck! Something I have always wanted.....perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness......it is GORGEOUS!! That back yard!! Wow! The inside colors as well! I am beyond thrilled for you guys.
    That boy! Jax is into everything! What a monkey. He has such a kissable face.......very cute.
    The "pee-pee tree", we have one too......very handy, although I keep needing to remind Caileigh that girls don't stand to pee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. and........great new family photo on your profile!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. no wonder you've been so excited to move! Wowee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE IT! That backyard and deck is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a great place! The deck and yard look wonderful. The inside looks very roomy. BIG improvement over the last place. (It's awfully quiet in my back yard now!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The kitchen is a big improvement over the last place, and I love the deck and yard. Everything looks so fresh and new - no wonder you love it. I am looking forward to seeing it in person, maybe sooner than later! I may come over in my week off in Sept. - also have to see Deb and Dan's new place.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowweeee is right! It looks AMAZING! Thanks, Jaxon, for the cool tour round your new place. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's huge and amazing. What a lovely place to lice and call home. Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. One little slip on the keyboard can give a sentence a whole new thought. c's and v's should not be allowed to be so close together. Oh well, we all know what you meant, Bloggy Mama.

    ReplyDelete
  12. tim | helen | adia | kalanie | rilannaAugust 15, 2009 at 2:34 PM

    now THAT's a place to call home! looks splendid!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks great, Rach! So glad you guys are happy there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks great so far! The paint colour looks almost identical to what we have in our place. I'm so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like a nice place Rachel!
    Love the pics of Marty climbing through the cupboards! G has learned to pull himself up. Now nothing is safe!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  16. Becky - it's been too long! That's Jaxon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh my Rachel!! The house looks awesome!! It looks very spacious, which is excelent!

    -Robyn Mitchell

    ReplyDelete