Our little Goomba turned 3 on December 25th. Remember how I said I would never tell people that he was born on Christmas Day, rather say "December 25th"? I changed my mind. I change it up, depending on how I feel, but he always gets extra pinches on the cheek when people find out when his birthday is.
This boy is really quite something. As a great big three year-old now, he talks up a storm. When we were visiting in Abbotsford last month, several people commented on how much his vocabulary had increased in the not quite 3 months since we moved away. He is totally full of spit and vinegar. He knows what he wants and makes haste to get it. This past year, he has fully embraced his role as "little brother" and has very little trouble keeping up with the big boys.

I can't tell you how many times this boy
has crashed to sleep at any time, and any place!

He got this Strider bike for his 2nd birthday, and for many months would only run along beside it, refusing to actually try riding it. He could push it and drag it and steer it and lift it up behind his back but would not ride it. Then one summer day he finally decided to give it a try. He is now able to get all the way around the BMX track at camp with only a little help on the bigger incline hills. He has remarkable control, yet we still hold him back from starting right at the very tippity-top of the track as it would only take a few wobbles to incur some significant injuries.

He's spent some quality time with some very quality young ladies.
All 4 of them are very much in the running for betrothal. Time will tell ...

He's charming and engaging, funny and hard-headed.
His body has still yet to catch up to the proportion of his head.
(He has plenty of bruises and scrapes to prove it!)
And by far his greatest accomplishment of all time ... he's potty trained!
Happy Birthday, Jaxon - we love you so very much!



That was fantastic. I loved reading all about Jax.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Jax. You are going to love 3!
Cutie :) Happy Birthday Jax!
ReplyDeleteThree years since the best Christmas! Lots of love to Jaxon.
ReplyDeleteYou're a cutie Jaxon :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a surprise for Max and Marty on Christmas morning - they did not even know that their mom and dad had gone "out for the night" until Jaxon came home Christmas morning. Jaxon still keeps us entertained with his surprising antics!
ReplyDeletei loved getting to know jaxon while you guys were out here! he's growing up so much with dance moves and all! and we might have a girl #5 for his list, norah still loves to look at the photo of her friend, he cheers her up when she's sad! happy birthday big guy!
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures--I love all the personality!!
ReplyDelete