
This morning he woke up with an achy hip that was causing him some discomfort and he was feeling sad about it. I verified it was indeed the hip joint on his left side, not abdominal pain on his right side (indicator of appendicitis) and hoped it would clear as the day went on. He had been to the chiropractor (for a check-up! Dad! Just a check-up!) yesterday and she moved his legs around quite a bit. Last summer he had a bout of transient synovitis so I wanted to make sure everything was lined up right. So, back to this morning ... He rested with ice on it for a few minutes then came to tell me it felt a little bit better. I told him that he should talk to his Oma about it when she arrived later this afternoon for a visit. As soon as she walked in the door, he was there to tell her about it. She assured him it would probably go away soon and he'd be just fine. I noticed he was hobbling around a bit as they left to take Paul's dad for a tour of the camp.
On the way to camp, Marty told Paul this ...
"Dad, remember how my hip was hurting me? I talked to God and asked Him to make the hurting stop and it's better now."Those weren't his exact words, but close. When he told me about it later he asked me, "Mom, was that my first time talking to God?" I said I wasn't sure but it was really special that he knew he could do that.
We've been listening (a lot!) to Seeds Family Worship - scripture set to music to help kids (and grown-ups!) learn the passages. The very first song on Volume 1 is "Call to Me". Click the link to hear the song. I told Marty that what he said to God about his sore hip is exactly what the song is talking about.
Sweet moments.
The website is a bit tricky to navigate. Under the Media tab you'll see the Listen Online option, as well as Videos. Both of those pages are worth checking out! They are having a sale on right now until April 12th for 20% off. I ordered 2 more CDs today. They are $12.98 each and they actually come with 2 CDs - one to keep and one to give away. Since shipping to Canada is $10, I subscribe to their newsletter to find out when they are offering a discount.
ooh cool post!! Sweet marty.....
ReplyDeletei wish you had told me you were ordering a CD..i would have come in on it with you!!!!
have a great time with your family this week!! May it be filled with many many sweet moments....
Sorry about that, I'm splitting them with my friend in 100 Mile. Maybe you and JL can go in together??
DeleteWill be a full week for sure, Want to climb the mountain with us? Not sure yet when we'll be going up. Will be in touch!
That is such a sweet story about Marty! Maybe I will look into the CDs, too--they sound like a great way to teach :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful story, thank you!
ReplyDelete