I chose to write my title cryptically because I don't want to get any weird internet searches being sent my way. Stuff like this - you just never know!
After dinner at camp tonight Sharon and I had a discussion about what each other had planned for the rest of the evening. I suggested she should probably write a new blog post because it's already been 4 whole days since her last one. You might be able to imagine how quickly she turned that suggestion right back at me and called me something like "Miss April 1". Yes, that was the date of my last post. I countered by saying that I'm just not a "j0t and t!ttle" kind of blogger. I don't feel the need or desire or inspiration to document each day or even each week. Clearly, that habit has extended to the point where an entire season has passed with nary a post. Not so much in recent months, but there was a remarkably dry stretch in my blogging. Now here's where it gets interesting - because Miss Sharon KNOWS that fun and exciting and meaningful and also just ordinary things are happening for me and my little family, and Miss Sharon KNOWS that I have not been mentioning them on this here blog. She challenged me (with great love) by saying "Is this new life of yours already so mundane?" No, it's surely not. Our days and weeks fly by with so much action that I find myself at Sunday afternoon wondering how we got there so quickly again. And that's just with the regular weekly camp activities we have established - then throw in homeschool, church, and all the other stuff of life? Busy times!
Now I'm not totally sure if Sharon was serious about her not writing a new blog post until I have done one. I'll know soon enough. And I'm not totally sure if she took my statement of myself not being a j0t and t!ttler to mean that I suggest she is one, not that it's in any way a bad thing ...! This is not about being a better blogger/mother/friend/jotter-and-tittler. I'll tell you this. I love that girl so very much and I love that our families are sharing life together. I love that she so faithfully documents and shares the goings-on of her little family and the others who are blessed to be in her life.

I love that our oldest boys had each other in a bear hug grasp in the back seat of my van tonight, insisting that they never ever be separated. I love that in just 11 sleeps we'll be next-door neighbours!
Life is happening. Life is good. I'm just trying to keep up!
so glad for you!!! :)
ReplyDelete....my blogging has substantially diminished in the last 4 months or so too....but not because life isn't fun and interesting! it's definitely the time factor.