Monday, April 14, 2008

3 birthdays today! Maybe 4?

Today is a busy day for birthdays in our family, except that we won't be seeing any of them. Too bad.

First up is Deb, Paul's sister. This is her first birthday as a married woman, living a new adventure in a new town in a new province. Altogether different from last year. Happy Birthday Deb, see you in a few months!

My nephew Mixon ... his first birthday back in Canada after celebrating the last two in Japan. This time next year, he'll be big brother to a miracle baby, a result of spontaneous recanalization. Just go look it up. :)

And my dear sister, Laurel-Anne. Not so patiently awaiting the arrival of her fifth child, due at the end of this week. Laurel, I sure do love you and am proud of you and can't wait to meet your new little one. I promise, Mom is doing her best to get to you and the rest of your family as soon as she can!

My folks are here. My Mom first arrived here on Friday the 4th as she was on her way over to Vancouver Island to spend time with her Dad who is recuperating from cataract surgery. She spent a week with him and then came back here. My Dad arrived on Thursday afternoon to pick her up and to pick up some things for their new house. They expected to pick up their bathroom cabinets at the end of last week, but were told they were in transit from one warehouse to another, and they can't possibly get them before Tuesday. They've been in contact with the company today and are hoping to get them sooner than Tuesday. They're frustrated by the delay, and Mom is anxious to get home so she can re-pack her suitcase for her trip to Quesnel. L-A isn't so sure if this baby will wait for Grandma to arrive. We shall see.

I spent a few hours outside yesterday, tidying up our front flower/tree bed. Previous owners or tenants had done a poor job of adding some different dimensions to the existing design. They've always bugged me so I decided to see how hard it would be to dismantle. Not very hard at all. I took most of them off just by lifting, and pried the rest off with a crowbar. I cleaned up all the leaves and debris that we should have cleaned up last fall, and the whole thing looks much much better. I loved being outside, and I dare say I might be developing an interest in gardening. Maybe. Just maybe.

I just suggested to Max that he should learn to wipe his own bum pretty soon. He said, "No. Not until I'm 16." Hhmmm, maybe not.

Sorry to leave you with that mental picture, and not even give you any real pictures to admire ... but that's it for today.

8 comments:

  1. Oh Max...you always bring a smile to my face and yes, a good chuckle too :)
    Good for you Rachel!! Developing a green thumb eh? Would love to see the work you've done.
    Enjoy your time with your parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully your mom makes it in time for her next grandchild's arrival :)
    Did you take before and after pictures of the yard? at least after ones?
    I can just see it now: phone rings, rachel picks up:
    Max: "Mom, I really have to go. Can you quickly drive over to the school and wipe me before I have to have my grad pictures taken?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. sixteen hey, made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just 3 birthdays today :-) I'm actually not impatient, yet. I want to make it 'til Friday and then drink "the cocktail."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gbariel says when he's 5. sometimes he does do it, other times not even an attempt at wipping. Hopefully we can both get past this before 16!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 16 haha ohh Max. what a silly boy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 16! LOL.
    That will be a good one to tell him when he is 16 though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What is a good age to wipe your own bum?? Andy and I have been struggling with this for a while. Thanks for the help Max. Andy will be glad to hear it:)

    ReplyDelete