Monday, April 21, 2008

Calvin Gabriel

I have another nephew! A new little itty bitty one. Well, not so itty bitty, actually. He weighed 9lbs, 9 oz when he was born early in the morning on Saturday. When I asked my sister about the inspiration behind his name, she said he is not named for John Calvin, Calvin and Hobbes, or Calvin Klein. (Maybe a little inspiration from the first two Calvins, but certainly not the last one!)


Here he looks a little tired. He took a little prompting, but then his entrance to the world was fast and furious! His hair is much darker than any of his siblings had at birth.


Speaking of siblings ... Calvin has four of them to bless and enrich his life.

Cara (2), Malcolm (9), Elijah (7), Calvin (one day?), Clay (4.75).
Nice blanket, Grandma!


Does Calvin look ready for a fight? He better be! Yesterday, Clay told Laurel Anne ... "Calvin can fight me. I'll give him a free shot, and I'll go easy on him." Not sure if he was seeking approval, or what?

When Cara was snuggling him and he started to cry, L-A asked if he was crying.
"Yes."
"Does he need his Mommy?"
"No! My baby!"

Good job, Laurel! I can't wait to snuggle him!

3 comments:

  1. Cool! We both have nephews named Calvin! I'll have a post similar to this one in a matter of days! My sister's baby is coming sooo soon. It wont be named Calvin though because Janine already has a Calvin!

    EEEEEEEEEEE. I want it to come nooow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to your family on the new arrival ;)

    ReplyDelete