Tuesday, November 11, 2008

just about done

I haven't been bloggging much, as I've been spending a whole lot of time on the couch with a hot pack on my back. With each of my pregnancies, I've had a spot on my back that pinches up and leaves me in a lot of pain and not very mobile. (Good thing we called off the potty training when we did, I would not have been very effective!) I got in to see a chiropractor last week which helped a bit, and had an appointment with a massage therapist for tomorrow. I felt like I just couldn't wait that long, so I called up Paul's cousin who is an RMT. She's been offering for YEARS to swap massages for electrical work in her house, and I finally took her up on it. I saw her on Friday evening, and boy oh boy, did she work me over! The one pinchy spot was better on Saturday, but the whole rest of my back was very tender. Sunday was a little better and yesterday even moreso. I kept my appointment with the other RMT (although it's now on Thursday) and I think she'll be a little gentler. I've been to her once before and don't remember a painful aftermath. Although I think Friday's massage helped a great deal, I'm still quite uncomfortable and want to keep it loose. Hopefully our extended health benefits will cover me through the remaining month till this baby arrives. My hands and feet have started to swell a bit if I don't put them up enough, and I only have 2 pairs of shoes that I can wear. I bought some slip on boots, about half a size too big. One black pair and one brown pair, they should get me through, I just can't be out in the rain too much. They're flat as can be on the bottom, which I'm sure isn't helping my achy back. But I can get them on and off easily and they don't cut off the circulation to my toes so I'm happy. With the boys, I wore flip flops at the end which was much easier.

Paul has been gracious in getting up with the boys in the night and morning and letting me sleep in on the weekends (and today!) and has been picking up a lot of my slack in the kitchen. He's a good man. My goal for myself is to get our bedroom in order, as baby will be in there with us for a while. Not sure how long that will last as Marty loves to snuggle with me in the mornings. That may become a challenge. Baby's room is all set to go, I'll try to get some pictures up. This is the first time I've been so organized before baby comes.

One month! Just under 5 weeks! I've got all my midwife appointments booked, up until 42 weeks. Those are "just in case" appointments, but I do not intend to use them. Max was 2 weeks late, Marty was one week late, so my plan is for this one to arrive right on time. A girl can hope, right? Apparently SOME PEOPLE have their babies 10 days early with a 3 hour labour ... not me.

Anyway, here's a few pictures from the past few weeks. More here.

(This last one's for you, Ashley.)

8 comments:

  1. Wow, only one month! I hope for you that this wee one is on time.
    Loved seeing pics of the boys, the frog on the head and the backwards tie are my favs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all goes well with labor and delivery.Take good careof yourself.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Louise and Gary ChapmanNovember 11, 2008 at 11:18 AM

    Oh boy, i hope all the work on your back makes it better! I know I had back problems with Kai but so far I've made it through okay. I think back pain has to be the worst because it just seems to affect every single thing you do. Can't believe you are down to one month...you can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. teresia benedicta&johanna annaNovember 11, 2008 at 11:06 PM

    hoping that this last month will pass by quickly and that this new little boy will arrive in time:)

    leslie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the last picture! Thinking of you x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful baby belly!!! Thank you! You are looking great. Boys are darling as ever. Take care of your back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your boys are so handsome, Rachel. Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what can i say...perhaps a campfire will work wonders on you too, just remember to bring russ!

    ReplyDelete