Monday, February 9, 2009

schedule? who am I kidding?

Sometimes, this is the only way Jax will get an afternoon nap. I'm okay with that. When he sleeps 7-9 (and sometimes 10!) hours at night, he can do whatever he wants in the day. I've concluded that I'm really not likely going to try to put him on any kind of schedule any time soon. It's just really not in me. At this point, I'm happy to let him call the shots, as it's going well and we're all getting such good night sleeps. When things get crazy and he starts developing undesirable habits, then I'll have to come up with a plan. Until then, just plug your ears, baby ... It's loud in this house!


Looking cute (and like cousin Isaac, maybe?) after a bath. I found this Moses basket at the thift store in Prince Rupert and my friend Deb made the bedding for it. I love it. And he's snuggled in a Norwex baby towel. So cozy. He's re-growing the hair on the font half of his head, and his acne is really clearing up. Hopefully he won't have an awkward stage like that for at least another 12 years.


Soaking up some sunshine ...


I've been compiling a list of some things Max has had to say lately. Enjoy.

When we die do we have to be a nudie?

Max likes bacon.
(He asks me to write that whenever he sees I'm writing a list.)

Remember, in your head (taps my head), to give me a hug and a kiss when you come back. He's really into the extra hugs and kisses and I love yous lately. Really, really into them. Major trauma if they're not given.

Take that out of your head. Forget that I said that.
(After he "ruined" the surprise of a valentine card that was to arrive in the mail, sent from preschool last week.)

It's nice when Jax is awake and drinking. It's nice when he's not crying.


After he ran to open the door when the doorbell rang, and I wasn't with him, and I wasn't prepared to issue an appropriate consequence. I said I would talk it over with Paul. When Paul came home, totally unknowing of the situation ...
Daddy, do you know a consequence?

We decided he wouldn't be allowed to drive his Jeep for one week.
Oh, that's not so bad of a consequence. I have other trucks I can play with outside.


Edited to add this nugget from the day after I posted this:
Mommy, I'm so sorry. I accidentally ate a cookie.
(Thanks, Cor.)

And from Marty ...
It's okay Jax, I here. It's okay Jax, Mommy here. Shh, shh, shh. Mommy, he want milk.

When anyone so much as looks at Jaxon, and especially if they are holding him
(... with a little scowl and a shake of his finger ...)
Dat's not your baby. Dat's Mommy's baby. Not yours. Mommy's.

16 comments:

  1. teresia benedicta&johanna annaFebruary 9, 2009 at 10:30 PM

    i love the last one....:)
    and my bigger girl is also saying "i'm here, it's fine" to calm down her sister...
    i think it's so cute when they start to care as well!

    leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. People look at my life and often say, "Enjoy the moments and the adventures! This is an incredible time in your life!" I reflect the same thing back to you. In spite of the noise and chaos that may envelop you at times, your life is beautiful. Enjoy the moments and the adventures! This is an incredible time in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Max likes bacon" Ha ha ha!

    Cute pics of Jaxon, his cheeks sure are getting chubbier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So precious: the boys and the stories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No schedule here either friend........three kids, whatever works!! I love the series of Jaxon smiling. He has such a sweet, calm look about him. I really wish I could hug him. Max is a funny boy. When I talked to him on the phone the other day he was telling me all kinds of stories and then he says, :I am just joking with you!" What a guy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those quotes! Your boys are hilarious! - Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute and funny. You're going to be so glad you wrote all those things down!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too funny. Oh does Jaxon ever resemble Max! Love the chubby little cheeks!

    Mercy ruined her card surprise too! too funny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alvin & Denise EnglerFebruary 10, 2009 at 10:26 AM

    Max and Cherith would get along fine. She loooves bacon. :)

    -de

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL... cute post... sounds a lot like our house lately. We are big sling nappers too.... like you I am not going to rock the boat while the nights are so organised....lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the quotes -- what sweet and adorable boys you have :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my! I love the photos! I love the Max comments! I love your family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. dude, you missed the best one from max on Tuesday..."mommy, i am so sorry, but i accidentally ate a cookie",this still has me laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely pictures, wonderful boys! When we were at your place at New Year's, Max met Paul on the stairs and carried up the single grocery bag containing 2 cans of pineapple. He would not hand it to me! "We put the groceries 'here', on the floor. So he put the bag 'there.' As I reached to pick it up, he said, somewhat under his breath, "I hope it's not too heavy for you!"
    Grandma M

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute pictures and cute quotes!
    How did you get a baby that sleeps?
    I'm jealous!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm gald your'e getting some good night sleeps and I love the quotes. Good that you're writing them down. Even if you think you'll always remember, you forget most of them.
    About the sugar roll up pancakes, they are just the plain crepes (I posted Dutch apple pancakes . . . well this is the same recipe, no apples and just a single layer of batter...cook both sides and stack on serving plate until ready to eat. Sprinkle with sugar or cinnamon sugar, fold over (in half) and roll up. Thanks for stopping by . . .(we're going to go see Julene and family this week!!!!)

    ReplyDelete