I've been collecting another batch of the clever little things my boys (mostly Max, although Marty is coming up with some gooders) have been saying. After the one I heard about today, I knew it was time to share the hilarity with you all.
• We've recently started attending a new church. The reasons for the switch are many. I may or may not elaborate on them in the future. We know, or are familiar with, many people who attend there. I was pleasantly surprised to see that Max's Sunday School teacher is my sister-in-law Kim's second cousin. That was a nice surprise. She called me today just to say hello (Paul has been taking him to his class so far) and to confirm my email address. After some chit chat, she told me that she and her husband (he teaches with her) think Max is hilarious. On the second week of class, they were talking about how God made all of us. He made our families - some with only brothers, some with only sisters, some with both. Max put up his hand to comment on the discussion. He said, "We're not going to have any more brothers or sisters in our family. My Mom is all out of babies."
• Max has all sorts of career plans for when he grows up. When he got the idea to be a weather man, he decided his name should be Max Cox. (Provincial news watchers will understand the reason for that.)
• Paul spent a few days working with his boss at a booth at an Agricultural Show and Exhibition. I took the boys to see him and allllll the tractors. They loved it, and would have tried out the driver's seat on every machine if I had let them. There was a seminar area, kind of tucked behind a curtain. Max took a peek inside, saw all the people sitting there, and said ... "Oh, that's just church."
• Max, to Marty, for some reason that I cannot remember ... "I'm going to salute you."
• Another one I can't remember the background story for, but apparently he does have a conscience, as he often begins a confession with "Mommy, I'm SO sorry, I ... "
• I was wearing a skirt. Marty asked "Mommy , are you a princess?"
I told him that, indeed, I am.
• While cleaning Marty up after a poopy in the undies episode, I told him to bend over so I could complete the necessary hygiene on his hiney. I didn't realize that his soiled undies were so close until he whined ... "I don't want to eat my poo."
• Max, after I told him we're not going to buy pizza from the new fast food pizza joint: "When I grow up, I'm going to live in (this city) and I'm going to do whatever I want. Except one thing ... blow cigarettes. I'll never blow cigarettes. No, no, no."
• Max, wondering about the raccoons on our back deck ... "Why did God make them to eat garbage?"
• Max: "Don't God's hands get wet from touching the oceans when He's spinning the world around?"
• Max: "Where does the smell go after we're done smelling it?"
And the finale ...
• Sitting around the dinner table, Max spotted some junk mail from our local RE/Max office. He was so proud to find his name hidden in yet another sign. We chatted about it for a bit, until the other talking Rowdy in our house said "Noooooo ... Re/MARTY!" It's become an ongoing joke at our house.
Great post filled with many laughs! Max has always had such thoughtful questions. I LOVE it! Marty is so funny too. I wonder what things Jax will soon come up with.
ReplyDeleteVERY entertaining indeed :)
ReplyDeletei smiled big at all of them, but laughed out loud at marty's disinterest in eating his poo :)
Rebecca, I wish I had done this when my girls were little. The comments are priceless and I always thought I would remember...but not. I really regret not writing them down for when they got older. Keep it up! ...and thanks for the laughs.
ReplyDeleteRachel? :)
ReplyDeleteThanks, Bev!
Thanks for the chuckles. :) Cute stuff they come up with.
ReplyDeleteYou should send the "Max Cox" story into the new channel, they would enjoy it too.
these are so adorable!
ReplyDeleteThey have such interesting questions...
Hope to read more! :)
Jamie.
Seriously, I truly believe that God has a special purpose for your Max. The way his mind and heart work - incredible! LOVE all the quotes. I hope you're writing them all down somewhere.
ReplyDeleteI love those posts with excerpts of real-life lines from your days with your boys. Fabulous. This is the last thing I'm reading online before heading off to bed... too perfect... a great ending to my day.
ReplyDeleteI totally adore those boys. We are hoping to make a trip your way next month... hopefully we will catch you!!
ReplyDeletesweet! we have no plans to go anywhere.
ReplyDeletehahaha! Loved this post. I laughed out loud at the "eating poo" one :P And I think the world spinning/wet hands one is very clever and thoughtful on Max's part!
ReplyDeleteI love the one about God's hands getting wet when He spins the earth!
ReplyDeleteLoved this post. Such wonderful insights from both your rowdies. Do you remember when you were at our home for dinner with Paul? For some reason Jonathan thought of Paul as King Paul, not sure why. When he met you he decided that if you were married to Paul, you must be Queen Rachel! He was 5 years old, I think.
ReplyDeleteBTW, my favorite was "Where does the smell go when we're done smelling it?"
I don't remember the King Paul part. I thought it was just because I had gotten married, I must be a Queen.
ReplyDeleteI think that was perhaps the second time I met you. We don't need a reminder of the first time.
ReplyDeleteSo hilarious! I love what kids say. Thanks for writing it all down for us to enjoy.
ReplyDelete