Wednesday, January 30, 2008

what's the deal?

Again, here I am apologizing for my lack of pictures and stories. We're still trying to sort out our new photo program to make it easier for me to post pictures.

On this snowy snowy day, I'm heading out to Langley to exchange a pair of Birkenstocks that we drove out to Langley to purchase yesterday. I was a little surprised when Paul came home from work an hour and a half early yesterday. And not very surprised that he had already been to the store to get himself a new pair of work boots. He decided that with all the overtime he worked while I was in Rupert, we could get a treat for my feet too. I've been considering these for a while, to wear as slippers. I'm a slipper girl. All year. My chiropractor suggested I get more supportive footwear since I'm in them so much. My beloved Padraig slippers are nearing their expiration date. I've worn through the yarn where it connects to the leather sole. After several repairs, things aren't looking too good. They have served me well over the last year. For some reason I thought they'd last forever. I did get a new pair for Max, though, as the kids don't seem to wear them out like I did to mine. Before I retire my pair, I want to take a picture of me and the boys with all the same slippers.

So that's why I decided to go with Birkenstocks. I hear they last forever! With a little help from Hubby and no help from the boys, I chose the best pair. They come in so many different "finishes" now. (Felt, suede, leather, microfiber leather.) I couldn't wait to get home to try them on. That's when I discovered the problem. I had only tried one shoe on one foot, and the other foot is noticeably larger. Grr. My small toes rub at the end inside, and my heel is just at the very end of the sole. Not so good. I need to try the next size up just to be sure. So off we go. After that we'll go visit Charis & Eden too. Fun, fun.

I just finished posting my PR pictures onto Facebook.
Go take a look ...

No comments:

Post a Comment