
We got the bean, and the cup, and the dirt, and the messy glitter glue at a "Veggies Tales" party at a local movie theatre, promoting the new Veggie Tales movie. I began to wonder about the bean's well being after about a week of no green stuff appearing. I had a strong suspicion that we weren't creating an optimal bean growing environment.

This morning I dug around the cup with a toothpick, looking for signs of life. None. I didn't even see any sign of the bean. Uh oh. Maybe when Paul tried to rescue it and from toppling from the stroller and save Marty's fingies from the messy glitter glue ... maybe the bean fell out with some of the topsoil. After I dumped it out on a plate and searched some more, I did locate the pathetic little dried up legume. Too bad, so sad for our first bean growing endeavor.
Indeed, a watched bean will eventually grow. But not a hot, dry, stressed out bean. They don't seem to grow.
(Sorry for the small pictures. Click on 'em to make them gigantic. We finally figured out how to get them from our external hard drive onto my blog. Hooray! I forgot to tell Paul to make them bigger. Next time. And there will be a next time.) ((And maybe next time, or even this time, I'll get some comments.)) (((I made the pictures bigger, but left my plea for comments on for y'all.)))
when i was a kid i tried to let many, many beans grow....it never worked out....:(
ReplyDeleteoh, and by the way: here´s a comment:)
hav a nice weekend!
leslie
sad bean growing experience :( was that for the bean stalk movie?
ReplyDeletei will leave you a comment, because then maybe after i put up another post you will comment back to me...i'm feeling the "comment neglect" lately too.
ReplyDeleteare you going to try again with another bean? every morning i come into my office and just hope my plant has made it through another night...i'm good at killing them...lol
Too cute! I've never heard of beans not growing....they're supposed to be the easiest things to grow. We used to put beans in a jar with wet paper towel over them (along the sides) and they would sprout just like that. Maybe the bean you got was old :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the comment love, ladies.
ReplyDeleteKelly - the party was for the Pirates Who Don't Do Anything movie release. We didn't go for the movie, just the party. Max even got to play musical booster seats and made it through a few rounds, even with the big kids.
Laura - may I suggest lucky bamboo?
Brenda - that's because you're the expert! I had it in the bathroom for good light and to keep it away from Marty but I think it was just too hot and dry in there. We'll try the wet paper thing next.
we've got one of those too on our window sill. It did take quite a long time to start growing, but i patiently watered it every other day or so. Now you can actually see it growing.
ReplyDeletedid you see Luke and Dani there?
Alexa,
ReplyDeleteNot sure if you'll see this reply ... but no, I don't remember seeing your kids there. Who were they with?