That's what we have at our house. Max has his first cold of the year. He's tolerated it fairly well so far. It came on quite suddenly yesterday. When Paul went in to peek at him before we went to bed, Max was sitting up in his bed. He freaked out, saying he couldn't breathe with his nose. He got so upset that he actually threw up. Once in his room and again in the bathroom. I don't think he actually had any other reason for throwing up, just that he got himself so worked up. I don't know why, but he gets so freaked out of blowing his nose when he's got a bad cold. He'll blow his nose no problem when he's not feeling so crummy. But last night, and again tonight, he was petrified. I did manage to get some good blows though. I dearly hope he's well enough to go to school tomorrow. I'll be joining him for their little Valentines Tea. It's actually for Grandparents, but as we don't have any close by, I'll be going with him. The plan is for Marty to chill with his girlfriends at the playgroup we've been going to with Kelly & Jamie and others at their church. I hope we don't have to stay home and have our own little snotty Valentines party. Last night and tonight he's sleeping on the bottom bunk in case he needs any night-time tending to. Last year, I remember missing the first Sunday of February, March and April because of sick kids. I hope this is the only cold we're going to get this year.
We were out galavanting again this evening, searching for a vehicle to house our small business. Looks like we found a good one. Aren't you getting so curious? I don't have the energy to explain it now with the pictures and all, but for those who already know what we have going on, we're sending it back up to Prince Rupert. By popular demand, actually! More on all that later. Really, I promise.
There is delicious ice cream in my freezer. I shall go partake.
Aww, poor Max. :( I hope he is able to go to his Valentine tea too.
ReplyDeleteIan and Marin have had many colds this season too, I have thankfully managed to avoid them!
We have a cold too.. you want to boogie over here? lol
ReplyDeleteYes, yes.. the snot-nose season is upon us!
ReplyDeleteHope you are feeling better soon Max!
ReplyDeleteWe have had the cold that never ends. I feel for you.
ReplyDeleteI also am intrigued...
Hmm, I'm guessing Max wasn't feeling better since I didn't see you or Marty at playgroup yesterday morning :(
ReplyDeleteI actually stopped by Central Heights today to talk to someone at the preschool and possibly register Micah and nobody was there. I heard some people in a back room - it sounded like a meeting or something since I didn't hear kids' voices - and I didn't feel like I could go meandering back there to find someone. Anyway, I did talk to one person on the phone last week, so maybe I'll just have to call her back.
I wanted to ask them if I could put Micah in the 3-yr-old class even though he'll be 4 this year. And if that doesn't work, I was going to see if I could just start him in the 4-yr-old class in January of next year.
Anyway, I'm off to Manitoba on Tuesday so this may all have to wait until I get back. Hopefully there's not a big rush to get him registered!
Oh, and Micah came down with that same "sudden" cold today. He just woke up from his sleep a little while ago and coughed so much that he was throwing up :( I just hope he's better before we leave on our trip and that the rest of us stay healthy!
Poor sicky. I hope that the cold is shaken by now.
ReplyDelete