"Mama's takin' us to the zoo tomorrow,Mama took the boys to the zoo last weekend to help pass the time while Paul was away. He had a good time as the guest speaker (wowie!) on a youth ski retreat for our old church.
the zoo tomorrow, the zoo tomorrow ..."
[slideshow id=360287970205440313&w=400&h=320]
It was a super nice day to be out, and I was really impressed that Max walked the whole way around. I
Joovy CabooseIt was hard to tell from the website and the brochure, but it seemed like we'd be able to watch the lions and tigers eat their lunch at 1:00. A crowd started gathering about 15 minutes earlier. Amid murmers of "feeding" and "no feeding", a guy came out with a "snack" for the cats. He said it wasn't a scheduled feeding but he gave a little talk, took questions, and fed them some chickens. Kind of interesting, but the boys were so much more interested in the drying up puddles (mud, that is).
The hippos were sleeping, the giraffes were hiding with the new baby, and the free bus tour through the "North American Wilds" wasn't operating. I think we'll get a seasons pass next time we go. That will get us a free train ride every time we go and we can go often enough to actually see more critters. Max loved the vivarium, or the "snake house" as he called it.
All in all, a nice day, but we all missed Paul. He was home for the week and then off again on Friday, this time up to Prince Rupert for the Greatly Anticipated Return of the Much Loved Bounce A Lot, our small business. More on that NEXT time.
Love that song! We changed it too...."We're all going to the zoo tomorrow, zoo tomorrow, zoo tomorrow...." Let me tell you, when we did the zoo theme that song was stuck in our heads for WEEKS!!
ReplyDeleteGreat pics by the way. Yes, there is a lot more to see once spring/summer hits. Glad you all had fun. It was great to see your hubby again even if it was very short.
oh...we love the zoo! So much fun for little boys :)
ReplyDeleteI have the joovy caboose. not very impressed...I'm contemplating selling it since it has sat for the past 6 months unused. It has a major squeaking issue that we can't seem to fix and it's hard to manuver around. The idea of it is excellent though. You can borrow mine to see how you like it if you want.
I heard you stopped by our new place and talked to our friends. Sorry we weren't there! I'm excited for the days coming soon when we will be there and you can stop by anytime for visits! Like the good old murrayville days :)
We had seasons passes last year and loved having them! Marin thought the bird show was neat too.
ReplyDeleteThey are worth it because with little ones it is easy go more then once, and like you said not all the animals are always out.
You can also use your passes to get in free to the Edmonton Zoo, the Kamloops Wildlife Park and the Seattle Zoo.
Hey!!
ReplyDeleteWe should go to the Zoo..
if its nice when i come
unless you have other plans:)
I am also liking the idea of the joovy caboose, but as I write this I'm reading Lizzie's comment.. hmm.. I'm assuming it was the zoo in Aldergr4ove? We're going on Spring Break with the boys.
ReplyDeleteAren - yes, I'm planning to go to the zoo when you come. Among other fun things.
ReplyDeleteMegan - maybe we'll see you there!
I have a Joovy Caboose. Wanna buy it?
ReplyDelete-de
Love the Joovy! We had one from when Sammy was a newborn until about 8 months old. Since most of our days are spent walking around on campus though we traded it in for a double jogger/bike trailer (if you drive a lot of places it's great b/c it's easy to fold. We hardly drive so we wanted a double stroller instead).
ReplyDeleteHolly
we love the zoo. great pictures, like the "end"
ReplyDeleteYay Raffi and yay zoo!
ReplyDeleteHi Rachel,
ReplyDeleteYes, I knew it was you who left the comment. Thanks!
We were given a year pass to the zoo for Christmas, but have not used it yet. It is a neat place, but somewhat spread out for 'little legs'.
joovy was a definate thumbs down for us--hard to turn, heavy to push as the stroller itself is quite heavy, nevermind putting 2 toddlers in it!! but test out lizzie's for yourself!! If you want a sit and stand, the swan brand is super light and easy to push around!!
ReplyDelete