Sunday, October 19, 2008

Catching up

Once again, I'm way behind on posting pictures of our adventures. The summer brought lots of great adventures to share with you. I'm a bit tired of doing slideshows, and it's so easy to share pictures on Facebook ... follow the links to see my albums there.

Max's 4th Birthday (Read the blurb here first.)
We had a super time celebrating the boy! It just so happened that our little family business was in town for a few weeks, so we took full advantage of that and invited a whole bunch of families to come celebrate. There was no formal cake eating, present opening, or game playing. Just enjoying a nice evening with friends and food. Way too much food. We still have several packages of hot dogs! Anybody up for a weiner roast?! Not so sure how we're going to top this for the big Number Five ...

Heidi & James
This was a super emotional day for me. I'm sure my pregnancy hormones were a significant contributor - Paul can attest that I was a bit on edge that morning after church. I went with my parents and Charis while Paul stayed home with the boys. The weather was a little dicey, but the wedding was gorgeous. I'm so glad a bunch of her huge extended family couldn't make the trip out so there was room for me. (Is that terrible of me?) Heidi, Charis and I all met as wee babes in our mothers' arms. The years have seen us all through vastly different experiences, and our friendships aren't what they were in the golden years of our childhood, but we all hold a special place in each other's heart. That said, I wept freely as she walked down the loooong path, and was a muddle of sobs when I greeted the uber happy couple in the receiving line. I'm so. very. thrilled. they have found each other!

Clearwater in August
Since neither my sister or I have room for each other's family to visit in our own homes, we invited ourselves to Mom & Dad's for a week at the end of August. It worked out pretty well despite some illness and some need for behaviour modification. :)

2 comments:

  1. Nice work catching up. I find that I end up just leaving some things in the dust ;)
    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. 不結婚可以環球October 21, 2008 at 7:49 PM

    帳號的設計 要有什麼經驗
    發問者: Hokkiao ( 實習生 5 級)
    發問時間: 2008-10-07 06:59:19 ( 還有 1 天發問到期 )
    解答贈點: 20 ( 共有 0 人贊助 )
    回答:
    2 意見: 0
    [ 檢舉 ]
    zycxxcz1234.blogspot.com

    方案 : 一ㄍ 【WRETCH】 categorization分類 TRANSFER->一ㄍ [BLOGSPOT] ID帳號








    NATIONAL TAIWANUNIVERSITY
    IWANNA

    ReplyDelete