... potty training stinks.
That's how I feel about things right now. I won't go into all the details and just say that we really need to reconsider our tactic. Next plan is to try the "potty training in one day", also known as the Dr. Phil method. I'm not going to explain it all. If you're really interested, do a google search. I do feel we've achieved success in that he's not scared to sit on the potty anymore, but he's already playing games with us and learning ways to manipulate the situation. To anyone who thinks he's not ready, I say he's MORE than ready, almost over-ripe, per se. How did I know he wouldn't be as easy as Max was to train? My fears were justified. I've also noticed an increase in his vocabulary. Before potty training started, he had never once told me "I can't do it." Sigh.
It took me 3 attempts to get Marin trained, I knew that she could do it, but it was convincing her that she wanted to do it. Keep at it!
ReplyDeleteoh man rach....you're scaring me! Halle has a fear of sitting on the potty too. I got her to poop on it last week, but that's only because I knew she was about to go. I have the same bad gut feeling :(
ReplyDeletewe took photos of triplets this weekend and I asked her what the hardest stage has been so far (they are 4). She said she would never want to go through potty training again. I am dreading it after a few poor attempts!
ReplyDeleteGood luck, girl!!! Thinking of you.
ReplyDelete