I've been having second thoughts about this whole potty training thing. At least the timing of it. I decided not to do it this past week because we had a few appointments that couldn't be changed, and I really want to be at home as much as possible. I tried him on his new "Cars" potty seat last week, and he was terrified. I decided to leave it for a while. Paul and I hunted down the floor potty (and my Moses basket! I was worried it got lost in the move!) from in the garage and have just had it sitting in the bathroom. Max just pulled it out of the bag and told me that he was going to teach Marty what to do. Marty was a great student, very attentive and inquisitive. He got up right close for a look-see. Max peed, talking Marty through the whole time. He stood up, wiped, and pulled up his pants.
I loved watching the whole thing, especially when I heard Max say "And that's your first lesson." I told Max that for the next lesson he should encourage Marty to give it a try.
Since I'm such a chicken to train Marty, can I let Max do it? Okay, I guess not. I'm still deciding when to really begin.
go with it! Let him do all the work...you might be doing all the clean-up though :( It sounds good to me.
ReplyDeleteYes, let Max do it :)
ReplyDeleteLet Max go for it. What have you got to lose?
ReplyDeleteOma
I say let Max go for it too, you'll be apart of it too, but it sounds like Marty is more into the idea if he is doing what Max is doing.
ReplyDeleteThat's adorable. I love how innocent that whole training session was :) If Max is up for the challenge, I say let him do it! My niece trained her younger brother with very little intervention from the parents - so it can work!
ReplyDeleteHaha! That's awesome! I love watching/listening to Cade teach Davi things too :)
ReplyDeleteHow are you feeling these days?
That is so adorable -- "And that's your first lesson." cracks me up.
ReplyDeletehey, if max wants to teach him, why not? maybe he will enjoy the long hours in the bathroom? that would be so sweet!
-de
I'd totally let Max do it! Thanks for your comment, today. I'm not growing my hair out, so much as too cheap to get a cut ;)
ReplyDeleteI say do it. Aiden has got Caileigh using the potty at home now. She is in underwear during the day and I just put a diaper on at night and when we go out. Aiden has been such a great encourager and Caileigh can't wait to show him her results!! She also loves getting to share her "treat" with him. Oh and with Caileigh I use a potty rather than the seat on the toilet so I can visibly see what she has done if I am not in the room. See what happens!!
ReplyDelete