Facebook first. I know many of you who read my blog are on facebook as well, so it's easy to think you're all updated on our life. But what I still like about the blog is that I can tell you longer stories. It just takes longer!
Paul arrived home on September 1. Oh, how we all longed for that day to come, and it finally did. The excitement of our reunion faded pretty quick though, when I got sick the next day. I had some kind of flu-ish thing that totally wiped me out. I wasn't ever feverish, more just nauseous and a few dizzy spells. I threw up once but that was it. We suspect that my body was just finally ready to be "off duty" from caring for the boys 24/7. I guess that was the only way I could get caught up on lost sleep. It was nice sleeping lots, but I just felt so crummy. I had to face reality when Paul went back to work last Tuesday but still was not feeling 100%. Bit by bit my energy returned. The first day I actually felt normal was Sunday. One week! Blah.
Then there was Thursday, September 6th. Big day! My parents 38th Anniversary! They were here from Clearwater for a dentist appointment so we visited with them a little bit the day before. The day began far too early for us all as I had to take Paul to work so I could have the truck to take Max to preschool. Of course it was the day he first had to go to the shop to get a hard hat, then off to the jobsite. This meant waking up the boys and leaving the house by 6:30 am to go wait around at the shop for about half an hour for the boss to show up. He revealed the hard hat hiding place and then we were off to the jobsite in Auguston - the farthest reaches of Abbotsford! We got home and as I was still feeling a little off, the boys and I were back in my bed shortly before 8:00. Ugh. After a short rest, we had to get ready to go to the big event of the day - Preschool!
Max has been a wee bit clingish lately, often asking me if I'm going to stay with him when we go somewhere. I haven't left him with other people very much lately but he still seems to be a little wary of such a possibility. I did leave Marty, though. We took him to see his lady love, Taeya, so I could focus on Max's big day. Thanks again, Kelly!
It was just an introductory day at preschool (Central Heights) so Max got his picture taken (he had even picked out a fall looking sweater to wear, which I thought was pretty cute), and just checked out the place. I had a little info meeting with the teachers and other parents and that's about it. He goes again on Thursday of this week. They call it "gradual entry", which I think is a little bit of a stretch. Half the class is there today, half the class goes on Thursday, and then next Tuesday they all go together. It's hard for me to know how he'll do on his own. He's a confident little guy, so I don't expect he'll have too much trouble. I noticed the names of a few other boys so we've been talking about seeing them again when he goes back to preschool. Because the class is only 2 hours, it doesn't leave me much time for visiting friends while he's there. Local visits will be okay but I'm disappointed I won't be able to get out to Langley to see some of my friends without having to chase Max around their homes. I think Aldergrove is as far as I'll venture. So ladies, Tuesday & Thursday mornings will be a good time to visit! Other days are good too, for those of you with kids Max's age.
Back to that crazy day we had on Thursday. Since I had the truck, I had to pick Paul up at work at 3:30. Yup, it was right in the middle of naptime. We're hoping he can catch a ride with a co-worker on preschool days. Stealing sleep from little children doesn't make for happy days.
I'm also considering starting to wean Max off his afternoon nap. He's been very wakeful late in the evening and getting up several times in the night. I'm so sad to give up his nap, as it means I have to give up on my own! Marty is down to one nap now so it was easy to get them to sleep at the same time, so I could do the same.
And on the topic of weaning ... Marty is still nursing! I've been ready to quit for a while now but with so much change and disruption going on lately, I haven't wanted to unsettle things even more. I've also noticed lately that he's really wiggly when he's nursing and seems to be losing interest. I think it's go-time! It's almost as though I need to train myself, more than him. It's just been so easy to nurse him to sleep. I don't think we can pull it off much longer.
You deserve to look at some pictures, don't you? Let's see what I can find. Pictures and stories from our adventures in August will come later.
Snacktime

Paul @ camp, avoiding the waterfight

Max quite enjoyed peeing outside while we were in Clearwater, so after I caught him doing this a second time, it was time to put a stop to it.

Marty, yet again ...
great pictures ;)
ReplyDeleteglad paul is home again! looking forward to more Tues/Thurs visits :)
LOL, love the peeing pic.
ReplyDeleteGlad you are feeling better, but I think you are right your body needed a rest!
Loved the photo of Max peeing off the balcony! It was so great to talk to you yesterday and catch up. Thanks for being our first phone call from home :)
ReplyDeleteI sure see Max in that picture of Pauls eyes...man they look alike!
ReplyDeleteI'm still nursing Seth...gasp! Yes, at 18 months, he's still a boobaholic! Asks for it all the time but I try to save it only for before nap and bed. I never would have thought I would be nursing him this long...When he can ask for it..that makes it a little wierd :)
love it!
ReplyDelete