Friday, May 23, 2008
Broken arm?
Please pray for Max. He just tipped over on his bike and I think he broke his arm. Nothing protruding but it's in a very odd shape. We were all outside as Paul was about to take the boys to Rona when he discovered that the van wouldn't start. He was working on that so I stayed out to watch the boys. I looked over at Max on his bike and thought, "He should really have his helmet on." They were going to be leaving so he wasn't planning to ride his bike. Just then as he was making a slow turn (it's on a bit of a slope, too) he just tipped over. His arm was behind him a little bit so it may have been at a funny angle. He and the bike (kind of a heavy one) tumbled down and he cried right away. I went over to help him out from under the bike and noticed he wasn't moving his arm. I pushed up his sleeve to see any wounds ... No blood, but his forearm was clearly mis-shapen. Oh dear. Paul scooted out from under the still-not-starting van and I told him it looked broken. Max freaked out even more, "No! No! No! It's not broken. I don't want to go to the doctor!" Paul looked at it and suspected the same so off they went to the ER in Paul's truck. Didn't take the time to transfer Max's carseat, and I just got a call from him to say they are there safe and waiting for a bed and to be seen by a doctor. He doesn't want ice on it so he's got an ice pack on the other arm. :) Paul said it hurts Max to even move his fingers, so it doesn't look so good. I'll keep you posted when we learn more.
Labels:
Max
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment