I still haven't sat to write more stories of the ordeal, but I just had to tell you the latest thing Max came up with. As I was getting him settled in for bed (on a foamie in Marty's old room), we were talking about how he'll get used to having the cast on his arm soon enough. I wanted him to scootch over to the other side of the bed and he said rather urgently,
"Oh Mommy, will you help me with my heavy load?"
He's been tolerating "bed rest" quite well. We've got him propped up in the corner of the couch. He calls it his nest. Maybe because he's got pillows piled all around to help keep his arm elevated. Kinda tricky for a wiggly little boy.
Paul got up with Marty at 6:00 this morning while Max and I slept till 8:15(!). Since then he's watched Veggie Tales Jonah movie, Cars, some Franklin, and now some of his shows on TV. Another day on the couch today and then tomorrow we'll work on using the sling. We may try to get out for a walk later, on a smooth, shady path somewhere.
Off to make my boys some banana muffins.
i hope that max is feeling better today!
ReplyDeleteand that bedrest is not too boring for him:)
have a good day!
leslie
Hi Rachel, it's been a few weeks since my last visit here, so Congratulations!! When are you due?
ReplyDeleteAlso, we had our own 'ordeal' with L last week, he needed a circumc*sion. Ouch!
Anyway, I hope you're doing well otherwise!
We have been away in Salmon Arm for a long weekend, I was just checking your blog now that we are home again. My goodness a lot has happened!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like Max handled it really well... the pictures are so sweet. :)
I will pray that he continues to feel better and that his arm heals well and fast.