On the heels of my pregnancy announcement, I guess this isn't such an intimate issue, but something that I've been thinking a lot about.
Deodorant. Anti-perspirant. You all know the debate, right?
For many, many years I have used this Marcelle product. I really liked it for all those years but lately I have been suspecting that my body is rejecting it, as I've caught a whiff of my underarms and it was not nice. Next I tried this, Tom's of Maine. Not so good, at all. Stinky situation. It's especially bad when I wear either of my fleece zip hoodies (which I love!), but the smell becomes unbearable. And I don't think it's connected to the change in hormones with pregnancy, because it was happening before that. Yesterday I was so stinkified, I went back to my favourite, Dove anti-perspirant - chock full of aluminum!
So here's where you come in. What are your thoughts on the debate? What have you tried? What do you use?
i have never found a female deodorant that smells ok to me. i wore men's deodorant for several years. at some point in the past year or so I switched back to antiperspirant. And i only put it on if I"m going out somewhere. it's not a daily thing for me, and while i understand the debate, i don't think i overdo it at all. So i guess I say all things in moderation? I don't know - it depends on your smell preference too (for deodorant). But that's what i do.
ReplyDeleteFunny you should bring this up as I am in the midst of trying to find one I like. I have a hard time finding a good deodorant since most women's are anti-perspirant. Recently Dove doesn't do it for me nor does Secret....for some reason my body doesn't respond and I too get lovely smells. I am now trying another kind but again, it is an anti-perspirant. Don't know of any good deodorants.
ReplyDeleteHoly Dinah!! Happy Mother's Day indeed!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!!!
My friend makes and sells an organic deodorant that I like - very herby-smelling.
ReplyDeleteOvio Organico... let me know if you want to know more, I have to find out if she has a website or something...
I just buy whatever's cheapest since deodorant is not an every day thing for me. I do notice however, that some types of shirt fabric make for more of a stink than others - ha ha.
ReplyDeleteI've heard you can actually get prescription deodorant for the stinky sweat that the regular stuff can't touch :)
here is the issue, an antiperspirant blocks the ducks in your arms not allowing any toxins (smell) to come out, hence why it is so bad for you and can lead to breast cancer. a deodorant doesn't contain the same products and allows you to sweat which the antiperspirant doesn't. you have to allow your body time (some say up to five months) to adjust and regulate itself. apply the deodorant multiple times a day if needed, but don't give up on it. i like toms but i use a product put out by lush.
ReplyDeleteIf you can find someone who sells Melaluka (sp?) products, they have the best deoderant I have ever found, and I've been using deoderant for years now. it smells nice, and it works, at least for me. bad thing is you can't find it in a store. I'ts sold in the same way that AVon is - through consultants. otherwise I have used liquid crystal deorderants which have worked for me as well. however, I find with those, they only work for a certain amount of months and then you kinda gotta switch things up a bit. I dunno why.
ReplyDeletewhat cor said is true and i don't wear anti-per. or deodorant anymore.....and my body has regulated itself...on that note though--on days when i am going out to a special place that i may sweat, i use a tea tree deodorant..along the same lines as Toms.....so yeah.....thats me. Congrats by the way on #3!!
ReplyDeleteCarmen! Meleleuca! We used to "sell" it years and years ago. LOVE their products and use them to this day. I have someone I buy from - she orders what I want and charges me the "preferred customer" price, plus s/h and tax. If you're interested in trying that Rach, let me know. Maybe I'll give it a try too! LOL.
ReplyDelete