Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Back in the day (in May).

It's embarrassing, really. Exactly how far behind in posting pictures? 3 months!

I'll start with these wonderful people. I met Ashley at church not more than a month after we moved to Prince Rupert. She had been there almost exactly the same time. She was waiting for her baby boy to be born, and we bonded quickly over the shared experience of being a new mom living far away from family and close friends. We arrived in PR within weeks of each other, and both our families moved away about a month apart. Her friendship at that stage of my life was a great blessing. And lots of fun. And she's a fabulous baker! 10 months after we said "see you soon" to each other in Prince Rupert, we finally got together for a visit. She lives sort of close to here, but not really. It's an awkward location, not so far away, but kind of. Not the easiest place to travel to and from. She and her kids and her Mom, who I also consider a friend (Hi, Elaine!) were in the big city to visit relatives so they came out to visit me and my boys. It just so happened to be Ashley's birthday. Yay for a mini birthday party! It was so nice to chat together again, mediate between our children, and share food (a tradition of ours). We both had our second babies in PR and are both now expecting our third, just three weeks apart. (The boys are just over a year apart, and the middles are 7 months apart.)


A few other favourite pics ...


More to come. Right now I need to take full advantage of my empty house! Paul's taken the boys out for an evening drive to help a friend look at and maybe buy a car. It was his idea to take them! To celebrate, I shall ... put away laundry.

6 comments:

  1. the boys laying down eating popcorn(or whatever ) is my fav. pic !

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh, the way us mom's celebrate...I celebrated my brief empty house with a quickie bathroom clean tonite! LOVE the pic of Paul washing the car...such a great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a celebration ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting to see us on the blog!! I just got dropped off at my mom's for an hour of uninterupted computer time. How exciting!! I am still waiting for my package.....very excited about it. I will call as soon as I receive it. For some reason this won't let me log on so I am the anonymous....ash

    ReplyDelete
  5. That picture of you and Max is so beautiful...you should make it bigger and frame it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hiiiiii! I just had to quickly say that I LOOOOOVE love LOVE the picture of P-man and Max with the umbrella. Miss you guys loads. Sendin all my love from England!

    ReplyDelete