Thursday, January 22, 2009

Hangry

Not just hungry. Not just angry. The boy gets HANGRY! He had been smiling at me nicely for several minutes so I decided to try to get a picture. He went from sweetly smiling and even a bit of cooing to hangry, in a very short amount of time. (Don't we all behave badly when we're hungry?)


I really don't believe he's hungry very often. The dude drinks. A lot. I'm happily nursing on demand while I figure out what kind of routine he and I will establish (we will get there, eventually ... maybe). We went for his 4-week check up with the midwife today. My guess on his weight was that he was at least 9 lbs. At two weeks, he was 8, 4 - and I could tell he had really been packing it on the last two weeks. Indeed, he has been. He weighs 9 lbs, 10.5 oz.! I don't know if that's spectacular, but I was certainly not surprised. Max gained weight quickly in the first few months, but Marty never really got very chubby. This boy? I think that along with his rugged good looks (including baby acne and slightly receding hairline), he's clearly following after his biggest brother. It's so crazy to see how each boy does and doesn't look like the others.

God is pretty creative that way.

7 comments:

  1. I just love little boys with "baby acne and slightly receding hairlines", especially when they are related to me! I like your term "hangry" - it explains that phenomenon really well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see a resemblance to Marty in the second picture. Thankfully, "hangry" is quite easily resolved at this stage - as long as you aren't trying to take pictures (but keep them coming anyway).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your term "hangry"!! That describes Mikayla at Safeway this morning. My easy going girl turned Hangry and then as soon as we pulled into our driveway, she stopped. I cant wait to see a picture of Jax smiling!! He is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, and he is growing so well!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aaawwwwww... I wish I could have a snuggle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also like the word "hangry". I know both my kids reacted this way when hunger would strike!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hangy! I LOVE it! My first two especially were prime examples of this!

    ReplyDelete