Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I love Tuesdays.

Tuesday is the only day of the week that I don't have to get myself and my little herd of turtles out the door. With preschool on Mon/Wed/Fri and playgroup on Thursdays, I have declared Tuesday as pajama day. All day. Okay, maybe not every Tuesday, but it sure is nice when it happens. My big boys have been waking up between 6 - 7 am lately. Paul takes care of getting breakfast for them if he has time before work, otherwise they come to me. With Jaxon still sleeping in my bed (safely away from me, on Paul's side), I've been transferring my sleepy self into Paul's temporary bedroom so the boys don't disturb Jaxon. It's working out fairly well. Although I was interrupted several times yesterday, I didn't get out of bed for good until 10:40! So what do they do while I'm snoozing? Watch TV. I know, I know. What a terrible mother. Don't fret, this won't last. And I've actually found that although the TV is on, they don't sit there and watch for 3 hours straight. They often go find something else to do and return when a favourite show is starting. Shortly after 7 this morning (they had been awake for 45 min. already) Marty snuggled with me in bed for a few minutes then climbed out and said "You get up!" I obeyed, as it's a school day. I skipped my shower and managed to get Max to school no more than 7 minutes late. They have about 15 minutes of free play before starting the day and he's missed it every day since school started up again in January. He told me "don't worry Mom, there's more free time later." He's such a good sport.

Funny story ... ever since being introduced to his baby brother, Marty has been calling him a name that we just couldn't understand, or figure out what he was trying to say. It was something like "Mumpee". What in the world could he be trying to say. He doesn't say it as much anymore, just now and then. Today when he said it, I still had no clue what he meant. Max (sitting on the time-out step) piped up and said "He's saying Penelope!" Of course.

We're excited for Mumpee and her family to come over this evening to meet Jaxon, bringing dinner for all of us to share! We had meals brought to us yesterday and Monday as well, so we're being well taken care of. Leftovers from Monday's lasagne will take care of tomorrow's dinner as well.

Sorry, no pictures today. I'll have more of the ones Anita took last week to share soon. Just got the cd and will load them later. She's even making up a birth announcement. Stay tuned.

*Edited to add: For those eager beavers, here's a link to see them all.

Baby is mewing, better go.

7 comments:

  1. I love the "herd of turtles" description! I got a bit of a laugh picturing you trying to get your boys out the door... love it.

    Jaxon is beautiful! He has such a great expression in the photos. Number 38 stood out to me - love the position of your hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, love the daily stories. I will mourn the loss of pj days when they go away. I've enjoyed many of them, in the past year ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I love the 'herd of turtles' too !

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow ! he is so beautiful !


    -denise

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those pictures really are amazing. Are you going to frame some? well done on the sleep in!! I will have to start working on my little monkeys. Sleep is definitely non existent these days. (although sleeping in one morning doesn't erase the sleep deprivation as I am sure you can agree)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi I'm a friend of Megan's and she said I should come and check out another mom of 3 boys! I am going to have boy #3 in about 4 weeks. It is nice to know you still have found time to blog! I thought I would let you know i would be peeking in...
    Marni

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi!
    My boys are going to be 3yrs 4mnths and 21mnths when our 3rd son will be born. I am scheduled to be induced Feb. 18th. I am getting more and more excited about my little crew of men. I totally understand about the level of noise! Our house is CRAZY! I hope this little guy will learn to sleep though it alright.All three pregnancies have been high risk so they have all been early... I couldn't imagine being overdue, especially with two others at home!
    Marni

    ReplyDelete