Sunday, January 11, 2009

~ how very nice ~

What a surprise I found this week. Remember Amy Quarry, who sent me that fantastic prize package? She's now given me something else. (Not sure why it's in Spanish ... )

About the award: This award is given to a blog that invests and believes in PROXIMITY - nearness in space, time and relationships! These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind of bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers!
I'm so encouraged to receive this blog award. Paul actually started this blog for our family just after Marty was born, and it quickly became an outlet for me to share, to vent, to keep in touch with friends, and even make new friends.

I first met Amy through her sister Jenny, who is married to a good friend of Paul's. (Theirs was the first wedding that Paul officiated.) I have since gotten to know Amy through her blog. We have several mutual friends and we all appreciate her perspective on life and her gift of creating beautiful things for the home, the mama, and the child.

And so now I get to pass this award on to some others. Each of these ladies are an encouragement and a blessing to read.

Amanda ~ Breathtaking Piece of Folly (newest on my reading list - you really must see for yourself Amanda's tremendous gift of including her readers on her adventure of living in the UK.)

Angella ~ Dutch Blitz

Chels ~ live.every.last.drop


Elizabeth ~ Look at us now!

Kathy ~ Considering Lilies

Rachel Anne ~ Home Sanctuary

3 comments:

  1. Aw, thanks Rachel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout-out, Rachel! Hopefully I'll get more pic-laden posts up soon! Love reading your blog too - I love the glimpses of your musings and life with your boys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Rachel. Blessings to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete