Thursday, January 1, 2009

January One

• My biggest boy. He is such a great big brother.
(And here we see a glimpse of the moody teenager he'll one day become.)


Thankfully he's still my sweet 4-year old, and here are some things he's had to say since becoming a big brother for the second time:

I love him, Mommy.

Jaxon is the love of our life.

Does he have a brain yet?

I love you Jaxon.
(Repeatedly whispered to him while watching him nurse.)

Mommy, why can't I drink milk from you?

You take such good care of him, Mommy.


• It's been very nice having my parents here. Mom quietly goes about cooking and tidying and mediating and entertaining and baby-holding, while Dad shovels snow and gets the boys out of the house for fresh air and exercise, playing in the snow.


• We were very happy to see Larry, Becky, Kayla & Courtney during their short visit here from where they live in Washington. We were on staff together at SouthRidge for about 4 years. We haven't seen them for four years, as they moved away just a few months before we moved to Prince Rupert. The girls had fun admiring Jaxon, and Larry had great fun teasing and tickling Max while catching up on the last 4 years with Paul. Marty? He just kind of did his own thing - here, there and everywere. (We think he's got just the right personality and character traits to handle his new role of "Middle Child".)


• Jaxon, showing off his bonnet and sweater made by Grandma Bonnie in Prince Rupert. (My new favourite picture of him!) On our way to a New Year's Eve gathering. We didn't take our camera but will hopefully get some pictures from others there. The boys had great fun and played happily until we left at 11:30.


• Jaxon is doing great. During the day he nurses about every 4 hours. He's been going to sleep for the night by 1:00/1:30, sleeping for 3-4 hours, up for 1-2 hours, then sleeping for 6-7 hours. We're coming out of the fog enough that I need to start working on more awake time during the day. But it just seems so wrong when he's so happy to snooze. I pay for in between 10pm - 1am when I'd like for both of us to be sleeping. His weight is on its way back up. His birth weight was 7, 14 - on day three he was 7, 5.5 - on day six he was back up to 7, 10 already. He's doing all the things a newborn should do, he's even lost his cord plug already. It's nice not to have to look at that anymore. And he's starting to stir now again, so I best be on my way.

10 comments:

  1. The updates are great. Thanks for making the time to do them. You know I check almost daily!
    Love, Oma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Jaxon is doing great with sleep (except the wakeful middle of the night). The boys look like they are adjusting wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What nice comments about all your little boys! That's great that you could see the Sundins and I'm glad for you to have so much help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those kiddies. Jaxon looks so cute!!! Are you calling him Jax?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liz - yes, we do. We chose this spelling so he won't be "Jack", and also so he has an X to be like Max, since he's not an M like the other boys. Make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute, cute, cute, cute, cute. That's all I have to say :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your addition - your boys are all adorable :)

    Thanks for your comment on my blog, now I know where to find you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rachel,
    Congratulations on your own little Jaxon! I love the name! :) Great minds do think alike. It sounds like things are going well. Your family is beautiful. Thanks for letting me know.
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my golly! What a ham!
    By the way, I didn't tag you because I didn't want you to feel pressured, not because I didn't want you to feel the love! But I did mention you SPECIFICALLY in 2 posts in the past 2 weeks! hahah!
    -Megan REDD :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love reading Max's comments! That's too cute. He has the same jacket as Micah, by the way.
    The boys are looking cute and I can't wait to meet Jaxon soon!

    ReplyDelete