Monday, December 29, 2008

Max, about one week old.
Marty, one day old.
Marty, first week.
Jaxon, one day old.
Almost 5 days old! Really? It's kind of confusing to keep track of how old Jaxon is because of the whole born-in-the-middle-of-the-night thing. The big boys were both born late in the evening so it was much easier to figure out the days. I know, it shouldn't be that hard for me, should it? I may, or may not, be in a bit of a fog here, folks. I'm actually doing fairly well. My milk came in almost 2 days ago so Jaxon has had two happy sleeps. Our second night at home was a little crazy. He was working very hard to get something of substance from me and did not give up. We pulled an all-nighter. I handed him off to Paul at 6:30 am and then slept for 3 hours straight. Jaxon did the same thing for Paul out in the living room. The first night he was actually getting any milk he was awake every to nurse hour but always went back to sleep in between. Last night was much better than that. He slept from 1:30am - 6:00 am, nursed, went back to sleep till 11:30 am, was awake for a little over an hour, put himself to sleep while the boys and I had lunch, and I woke him up shortly after 4:00 for another feeding. By 6:00 he was ready for another and has been sleeping ever since. It's just past 9:00 and he's starting to make some squeaks.

Super Oma came over this morning for one last time to watch the boys from the time Paul left for work at 6:30 until she had to leave at 11:00 to catch her ferry. I stayed in bed with Sleepy Jax until 10:30. Thank you so much, Frieda! Your being here made this past 10 days so much less stressful than it would have been without you here.



This little piggy ...

My parents plan to arrive tomorrow afternoon. I'm excited to introduce them to their 13th grandchild, the third this year alone! I'm also excited that they're bringing me some lefse! If you've ever had it, you'll know what a perfect midnight (and mid-day, and any other time) snack it will be for this nursing mama. Not sure how long they'll be staying, but it will be so nice to have them here. They'll be sleeping at the home of some family friends.

Paul has been sleeping on a spare bed (thanks, Tammy!) in Jaxon's room, while Jax and I occupy the master bedroom. It's working well, as the nights can be a little crazy and it gives Paul a much better chance at getting a good sleep. He went to work today, but has arranged to only work a half day tomorrow, allowing me to get a bit more sleep and not have to deal with the big boys in the morning. Marty wakes up easily if I let Jaxon cry too long, so Paul has been up a few times each night to settle him back down. He's such a good papa.

Midwife Sharon came by yesterday to check in on us. Jaxon's weight was down to 7 lbs, 5.5 oz, and he tolerated the PKU test like it was nothing.

Yesterday was our 7th Anniversary. Likely the most low-key one we'll ever celebrate, but at least we both remembered.

And although she won't see this for a while ... Congratulations Ashley and Sean, on the arrival of your baby girl! Can't wait to see pictures and hear what you decide to name her! (We were both due with our third babies about 3 weeks apart. If I went early and she went overdue, they could have been over a month apart. With the way it all turned out, they're just 4 days apart.)

11 comments:

  1. I was looking at all three boys pictures trying to see the similarities and I think they all have the same lips :) I do think that Jaxon has a whole different look than Max and Marty. All very cute nonetheless, all very cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving all the pics of baby Jaxon!
    The boys sure do look like brothers that is for sure. And Marty looks SO much older holding Jaxon!

    Glad things are going well for you, thanks for taking the time to post, I've been wondering how you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What dear boys, you have there.
    Sending love, Rachel!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is such a cutie and I love the pic of the 3 of them. Glad to hear you are doing well and have enough help. I am trying to find a time to come see you but it probably won't be until next week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SOOOO Sweet!
    Congratulations Rach! We were/are very happy for you.
    Each boy looks like himself, hey?! I think the last 2 look more like each other and Max still looks like Mixon...AND now Isaac (who seems to be a cookie cutter image of his big brother!)I thought at first you were posting pictures of the 3 new cousins...but then quickly realized it was Max's baby pic. lol
    I am feelin' ya on the whole newborn sleeping/nursing schedule. Big Hug for you on that one.
    Well, time to hand the parents over. Have a great time. :) Give Jaxon a hug and kiss for us. (LOVE the name btw)
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. The fact that you're even on-line, writing coherently and posting pictures during the first week after delivery proves that you are super woman! Wow!

    Your boys are all such good-loookin' fellas!

    Hope you enjoy the lefse (it's really good for breakfast too!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. The boys all have so many similarities! I can't decide who Jaxon looks like more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. all of your boys are so cute !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. VERY cute, he is!!!
    glad to hear he's sleeping well. Sorry we haven't been there to visit yet...hopefully next week, when things are back to normal (for us, i mean).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations!!! Yay, Jaxon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jaxon looks to be a perfect angel!

    ReplyDelete