**Edits below.**
Well, have you come to the right place! Here's what's exciting at our house today ...
Day two, overdue.
Paul turns 31 today!
It's a gorgeous clear day, and the wind has stopped. It's still really really cold.
Marty woke up a few times early this morning. At 6:30 I let him come into bed with me. He actually fell back asleep, amidst asking for water, water, water, more water. I could tell he was a little shaky. He had very little for dinner last night, so I knew he must be hungry. We went to the kitchen where I gave him a banana and milk, and he just layed down on the floor in the toy room. Not long later he came back to me in my bed. We snuggled. And then he started throwing up bananas and milk all over the bed. Yummy. He threw up a few more times and just layed there. He's now laying on the couch, heaving every now and then. He doesn't want to put his face into a bowl so I think he's trying very hard not to let any more puke out. Poor little goomba. As has already been suggested (and will be 10 more times I'm sure), maybe I'll catch what he's got and will go into labour! That would save me a trip to town to find the necessary ingredients for my labour induction cocktail. But I think I still might prefer the castor oil and its potential side effects than throwing up. Elizabeth F, perhaps you'd agree?
I'm hoping Max and I can roll out the gingerbread dough we made the other day, maybe even decorate them. We've got two shapes, a gingerbread man and a flower. I've also got a hankering for some whipped shortbread (thanks a bunch, Niki!)
And so we'll see what this day brings.
**Edited to add: He seems to have perked up quite nicely. Now on to the laundry. Gingerbread boys and flowers are coming along nicely, but no shortbread until I get more icing sugar and Paul comes home to take my mixer down from the top shelf. (The same shelf he put it away on last night. Oops.)
Yes - I'm also glad the wind has stopped. I'm sorry to hear about Marty. I hope for your sake you don't get it. I had the flu close to the time I was due with Keziah and when I was full-fledged puking I prayed that I wouldn't go into labour - I couldn't imagine having both those feelings at once! I say go for the castor oil!!
ReplyDeleteOh wow, that's a lot to deal with in the morning and being 2 days overdue! Hope he continues to feel better and I can't wait to hear about your new little guy!!
ReplyDeleteoh my word, the title of the post just about made me pass out! I thought the baby was here. That is horrible about Marty. I sure hope he is back to himself soon.
ReplyDeleteway to tease!!
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday Paul!
Thinking of you, Rachel. Happy Belated, Paul!
ReplyDelete