That's what Erin said when she met us at the hospital. "You don't look like you're in labour." Thank you very little. My doctor said the same thing to me, no more than 3 hours before I delivered Marty. She broke my water when I was 5 cms and very soft, so things moved really quickly. Once it's go time, it's go time!
I most certainly am in labour, just not anything significant yet. I'm 2-3 cms dilated, but still very posterior. We decided not to break my waters as it feels too early and could just increase the risk of complications and further interventions. There's not much staff on today and tomorrow due to the weather and the holidays, so we decided to just go with the flow. Erin's instructions were to go home, take it easy, take some Gravol, and call her when things really get going. We're totally fine with that, and are also glad to know that there has been some progress from this long day, however minimal.
One perk about having a baby during a snow storm is that you can't see the numbers on the parking stalls at the hospital, so how could we possibly pay for our parking?
It's 6:00 now. It occurred to me that from the time my contractions started this morning until now, my dear friend Corinna could have laboured and delivered Penny FOUR times over!
Won't Max be thrilled when we tell him it's not really one more sleep till Christmas ... we're going to eat our pizza and Chinese food for dinner and then open presents. This will give the boys plenty of diversions if Paul and I are at the hospital tomorrow. It was so cute when we came home this evening (after about an hour and a half) when Max asked excitedly "Did you get the baby?!". No son, not so quick, not so simple. So far he hasn't asked me exactly how the baby will come out, for which I'm thankful.
We're praying that your labour is soon over and you'll have a baby in arms before the clock strikes 12 :)
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas!
All the best, my love, will be checking in tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas!!
Enjoy the Christmas time! And I hope all goes well tonight...
ReplyDeleteMicah asked me just yesterday exactly how the baby comes out :) So, be thankful that Max isn't so curious!