Our boy, Jaxon, arrived at 2:55 this morning. 7 lbs, 14 oz. After a long wait, he came really quite suddenly! We got to the hospital at about 1:30, got settled while Erin did some paperwork. She had already checked me and I was 5-6 cms. dilated. She broke my water at 2:35 and he was born at 2:55. Fast and furious, let me tell you. I needed one small stitch, for which I sucked copious amounts of laughing gas. (That was my first time ... I was hesitant to give it up when it was all over. :) The pediatrician checked him over and declared him perfect, and through my groggy brain I was impressed to hear the ob/gyn ask the ladies if we had a boy or a girl. He had only popped in just to confer with Erin about my stitch. Never met the man before, but he wanted to know.
Jaxon pooped, pooped, pooped like a crazy boy as the nurses were cleaning him up.
We Paul didn't even have to clean any meconium, as he got it all out before we got a diaper on him. There were 6 babies born between midnight and 4:00 this morning. They told me I would be number six, but we were actually #5. Cuz I'm speedy like that.
It's so nice to be home already! (We got home at about 7:30.) I spent two nights in the hospital with the older boys so this is a delightful change. Erin discharged us before she left at about 5:00 this morning. The nurses just checked our wristbands and we were on our way, heading home through the quiet snowy streets. The boys were thrilled to see him, and the first thing Marty did was try to give him a kiss.
If you were expecting a personal phone call with this news, I'm waiting to be sure you're awake, even on Christmas Day.
I'm a very tired Mama, so will try to get some sleep while Jaxon is still in la-la land. Right now he's snoozing in his car seat under the Christmas tree.
Trying to upload some pictures but it's taking forever! Will try again later.
Merry Christmas little Jaxon!!!! Welcome to the world. I am so excited that you decided to come on such a special day. Enjoy your first Christmas Day.
ReplyDeleteCongrats!!!
ReplyDeleteMarcus, Sara and family
Congratulations! What a great Christmas present. I can't wait to see some pictures, but I hope you guys can relax and enjoy this snowy Christmas with your family of 5!
ReplyDeletecongratulations zalinko family!!! can't wait to meet your little bundle of joy! its pretty cool that he's sharing jesus' birthday...too bad he wasn't a few days earlier so he could share mine. but what an extra special christmas gift for your family! blessings to you all!!
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the family, Jaxon! Can't wait to meet you.
ReplyDeletePS Rachel, you better change it to "mommy of three" :-)
Sharon Y
congrats!! have a great christmas together!!
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful!!
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas to all *5* of you!
Welcome baby Jaxon - pretty cool to share a birthday with baby Jesus! haha!
Well done, Mum, will be checking back for pictures!!
M
Congratulations.We wish for you a wonderful Christmas and much joy as you raise your boys.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,Jake and Ruth
Congratulations! I had to quickly peek in today, just to see :) What a Christmas present.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! Merry Christmas!!! What a wonderful present for everyone. Can't wait to see pictures.
ReplyDeleteWhat wonderful news, congratulations!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!
ReplyDeleteWe are very happy to hear that all went well and you have your healthy Chirstmas boy in your arms! :)
Very happy for you all!
What a precious Christmas gift!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to you all! Enjoy!
Thats WONDERFUL news!!! Congratulations to you ALL! What a wonderful Christmas gift! Can't wait to see a picture of the little guy (love the name btw)
ReplyDeleteAwwwe. first thing marty did was give him a kiss! thats so awesome. good thing he likes him...for now! im excited to see pictures. im sure hes just as cute and beautiful as max and marty were..are. hehe. hope your feeling well.! hope the package arrives soon.
ReplyDelete-Arennnn
ok..I know you have to sleep and everything but I am waiting patiently for pictures ;)
ReplyDeleteWhat a Christmas present for 2008! Will hard to beat that!
ReplyDeleteWelcome Jaxon! This was one of the top three names we had picked for Kaleb. I LOVE it and LOVE the spelling (how we had wanted to spell it too)! Good pickin'!
Glad you are home and able to spend the day there, celebrating two births!
Speedy recovery to you, Rachel, and enjoy your babymoon! :)
Eeek! So excited for you! CONGRATS!
ReplyDeletehow does it feel to say "the older boys"?????
ReplyDeletethat was weird for me when rilanna was born. (obviously saying 'girls' though) can't wait to see some pictures. congrats again!
Congrats! Very exciting Christmas for you all I'm sure!!!! Welcome to the world baby Jaxon!
ReplyDeleteWelcome Jaxon!!!!!!!!! (LOVE his name, it's Elijah's middle name too!)
ReplyDeleteA Christmas Baby - how precious!
Congratulations! Very exciting to finally have him home with you!! Three boys is busy, busy busy and soooo fun! We'll be praying for you all in this time of recovery and adjustments :)
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas
Congratulations! Very exciting to finally have him home with you!! Three boys is busy, busy busy and soooo fun! We'll be praying for you all in this time of recovery and adjustments :)
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas
Congratulations! Very exciting to finally have him home with you!! Three boys is busy, busy busy and soooo fun! We'll be praying for you all in this time of recovery and adjustments :)
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas
Wow -- what a Christmas for you. With the snow and a brand new baby... it must have felt the *the* most Christmassy Christmas ever. Congratulations!!!
ReplyDelete-de
Congratulations to you and your whole family! What a great Christmas gift :)
ReplyDeleteHurray! Another Zalinko! I love the way you spelled his name. Looks awesome in print... Jaxon Zalinko. How many people have both an "x" and a "z" in their names? Congratulations to all of you. Job well done, mama.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations again! Love the laughing gas bit... brings back memories of your first Piechnik adventure.
ReplyDelete