Saturday, December 20, 2008

Day Six - Just for kicks

Well, well, here I am again.

Had a nice evening last night, watched "The Ultimate Gift". Cheesy and charming, feel-good kind of movie. Unless the condition of my cervix changes rapidly and drastically, perhaps we'll watch "Prince Caspian" tonight. We've had a quiet morning. Paul got up with the boys at about 7:30. I slept until 10:00. Paul went back to bed for about an hour. Frieda (Paul's mom) is sleeping here until baby comes. She's been spending her time with us and visiting lots with her mom. Right now Marty is in his bed, should be sleeping soon. Paul and Max went into town, and Frieda's gone to see her mom. Scott and Corinna and the little ladies will be coming by later this afternoon. We'll have soup and beer bread for dinner. When he heard the Ws were coming, Paul wanted to go get some meat to grill. I said I wanted soup. We're having soup.
5:30 pm Update: They're not coming. :( There's talk of a blizzard blowing in tonight so they'll stay home. But we're still having soup.

Things I forgot to say yesterday:

- My parents have decided that they won't be coming down to see us before Christmas, especially since we don't even know if this baby will be here by Christmas! I dearly hope so. My brother and his family are heading to their house tomorrow for most of the Christmas break. Mom felt it would make more sense to wait to come until after Christmas, no matter when baby chooses to arrive.

- I'm really wishing I could choose when this baby comes. I've used up all my raspberry leaf tea, and am going to make a batch of cervical ripening tea. Did you know there is such?! It contains lemon verbena oil - the magical ingredient that is also part of the labour induction cocktail my midwife gave me. Just waiting for Paul to bring me some fresh ginger root.

- I'm tempted to call my midwife to ask about taking the cocktail, or perhaps arranging for her to assess the "conditions" again. Trouble is that it's the weekend now, and they're not doing any pre-natal appointments next week at all. I'm scheduled for a non-stress test for Dec. 23, really hoping it will be unnecessary. I also have a post-dates ultrasound booked for next week, sometime between Dec. 22-24. They will call me early in the morning on the day they want me to come. If it interferes with the NST, I'll re-book the NST as it is local and easy to rearrange. The ultrasound will be at the hospital across the river from here. Our local hospital offered an appointment for January 9. Um, not so much, thanks.

That's all for now. I don't have much Christmas baking in the house (which, really, is okay ... but ... ) I'm going to make up a batch of whipped shortbread. It's so easy and so melty-in-your-mouthy. And, well, I clearly have nothing else to do.

Ta-ta.

6 comments:

  1. I hope that your newest little wonder joins the family very very very soon! Lemon Verbena actualy sounds pretty good.. isn't that a drink at starbucks! I know the "cocktails" are nothing like a nice, cool starbucks drink, so i hope you feel the labour before your sip away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i still have the recipe for the cervical ripening tea. i used it for Reese and i don't know if it was the tea or the stripping my membranes, but she came the next day! go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been deliberately not asking if the baby is here yet. I figure you'll let us know when he arrives!!!! :) Hope he comes soon! He sure is warm and cozy - doesn't want to come when it's so cold. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope things happen for you soon! Hey - would you be willing to share the recipe for this whipped shortbread you keep mentioning? It sounds so yummy! - Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  5. yea, the whipped shortbread does sound good!! Enjoy. your cocktail sounds interesting indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would be beyond mortified if your computer tells you how often I check your blog. I really need to get myself a new hobby!! Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete