Tuesday, December 2, 2008

of course he can talk!

I haven't really been worried about Marty's vocabulary development. He has always seemed to be on the right track. He's not nearly as verbal as Max was at that age, but it hasn't seemed worrisome. Today, he demonstrated that I have nothing to worry about at all.

Max was hiding and wanted Marty to find him. I sent him off. His response ...

"Hhmmm, where's that Max? I go get my boy." When they came back holding hands, he announced, "There's my boy!"

I think he'll be just fine. :)

Although his vocabulary skills haven't been spectacular, he does exhibit one peculiar talent. It's amazing what this boy can do while clutching a toy car, truck or frog in his little fingies. He can accomplish great feats with just his middle fingers, and can manhandle all sorts of things (like a cup to his mouth for a drink) with just his wrists, and sometimes a pinky. It's quite something, let me tell ya. For about 2 weeks he carried around a giraffe from a McD's Happy Meal. Thankfully, both boys liked the annoying voice turned off, so we didn't go totally bonkers. It went with him everywhere ... until one of the legs snapped off. He's not so much into a giraffe with only 3 legs. I wish I had gotten a picture of him with it before he rejected it. (Ironically, the giraffe was programmed to say something about needing to see a doctor.)


While we're on the topic of amazing things my boys can do, here's Max peeling an egg with one hand in a cast. He actually did it!


I've been sitting here at the computer long enough that it's time to put my fat little feet up on the coffee table to let the swelling go down before I tackle the mess in my kitchen.

(The boys are still playing quite nicely together. They're playing house. Max claims to be "Paul", and has declared Marty to be "Wifey". Oh, it seems "Wifey" is barking like a puppy, AND calling out for "Paul". I was watching them pretend to drive somewhere,and Max told me "you can stop looking at us now.")

6 comments:

  1. How are you feeling wifey? hee hee Sounds like the boys are having fun together. It is so neat when they play well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Paul" and barking "wifey" that is funny lol!

    Sounds like Marty is just fine, he is the strong silent type, nothing wrong with that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, Marty is just fine, and he does have an amazing ability to clutch those little cars throughout the whole day's activities. Say hi to "Paul" and "Wifey" for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashish Jessica and PriyaDecember 2, 2008 at 4:50 PM

    How are you feeling these days, Rach? Thanks for sharing these great pics and stories! I love the sleeping on the floor with cars in hand! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I came looking for a ticker for when baby #3 comes, "Wifey" - no such luck - but saw some cute pics of momma and boys!
    Happy belated Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, I love this little glimpse into your home life. Boys are so fun!

    ReplyDelete