... but I'm currently drinking my labour induction cocktail. The recipe says to put almond butter in the mixture, but I just ate it on toast. It was actually pretty tasty. 2 tbs. on one piece of toast! When I took it when I was way overdue with Max I blended it in. Not so nice. It's much easier to take the drink without it. Gave me a good boost of protien too.
Backing up on today's events ... my midwife (Erin) came by the house this morning on her way from her town to our town and checked me. (Have I told you how great it is to have a midwife?!) Again she couldn't reach my cervix to see what was happening. She wondered if baby may have turned. I went to my ultrasound at 2:00 and all is well, baby's head is down. So she gave the go-ahead for the cocktail. If nothing happens by morning, she'll arrange for me to go to the hospital tomorrow to get the gel. Hoping all this will have him arriving before Christmas Day. I'd even be okay with Christmas Eve, it's just the 25th that I'd really like to avoid. Also the 26th, as both midwives are taking the day off and a different midwife is taking their calls. Would be nice to have Erin there.
I'm also having a doula. Have I told you about that yet? She's training to be a midwife so is offering doula services for free to get experience at midwife assisted births. She's a very sweet girl (just one year older than me) and I'm looking forward to having her there.
Well, better go. I've got some serious chugging to do.
Stay tuned (but do try to get a good sleep, okay?).
R
exciting! I'm praying this stuff WORKS FAST! I met Erin my last appt....she's great. I do love having midwives too...those house calls make it so worth it. I'll be checking in regularly so keep posting updates :)
ReplyDeleteha ha! I don't know if I'll be able to sleep. I'm SO excited for you :)
ReplyDeleteI hope that stuff does the trick!
oh my goodness, I think the baby will be here by morning!! I am so excited!
ReplyDeleteyou too, sugar!
ReplyDeleteI'm excited to be a doula for my girlfriend this Spring.. I started my coursework for it 3 years ago..
anyways! I'm so excited for you.. your cocktail sounds a heck of a lot better than good ol' castor oil!!
Maybe you'll have a 27th baby, like Cade!
good luck!!!
Megan, I didn't know you took the doula course. I'd like to as well when my boys are older. Castor oil is actually the main ingredient of the cocktail - 2 tbsp! It's been almost 3 hours and I'm just waiting to see what will happen ...
ReplyDeleteRach...you continue to be my Christmas holiday entertainment!!!
ReplyDeleteExcited to see how it goes :)
Hey, did you know that Christie is a Christian? We found out after Ezra was born and she brought him a little gift in a Noah's Ark bag.
ReplyDeleteHey Rachel! Keep thinking of ya. Can't wait to hear....
ReplyDeleteCarmen :)