No, being seven days overdue is not pudding. Or a cake walk. Or a bowl of cherries. It's just really annoying! I wouldn't feel so antsy about this if not for Christmas being just a few days away.
We've watched The Grinch (Jim Carrey version) many, many times over the past week. The boys love it, and are starting to quote lines just like Paul does. Marty calls him Mr. Grinch. (Today's post title is brought to you by Mr. Grinch.)
We made it to church this morning so the boys could sing their songs in the Christmas program. Max was in his usual fine form, and completely monopolized the mic that was right in front of him. (I don't think they'll place him there next time.) When the leader finally moved him to a different spot, he found his way to another mic. When she moved him again, he went around the back of all the kids and went to a third mic on the far side. I hope I can get a video up soon. The whole place was laughing, and we were crying from laughing so hard. Marty was much more reserved, doing precisely what he saw his teacher do. He followed her example very carefully. We couldn't see him as well, which was okay since that meant he couldn't see us, and he stayed on stage for all 4 songs.
Paul took the boys to play in the snow after a quick early lunch for them. They had a great time! The mittens I had for Marty were a little sketchy and I thought he'd come in with frozen fingers, but he was warm and dry. Of course they had to try out the Jeep in the snow. Not surprisingly, it was fruitless.
I've already told Max that he's going to have a nap with Marty today, which is what I'll do as well. Paul's going to run out to Costco for a few groceries.
I called my midwife today to chat about taking the induction cocktail. It can have rather unpleasant results if the cervix isn't ready, so I have hesitated to go ahead with it. She plans to be at the hospital tomorrow morning so I'll hopefully be able to go see her there and she can re-assess. I made and drank the cervical ripening tea yesterday. Lots of ginger, oh my. Not sure if I can handle it again today. It increased my heartburn, and I'm nearly out of Gaviscon and don't want to buy any more.
So that's today's update. And yes, Ashley, I do know how often you check! Be sure to check the box to email follow-up comments to you so you can see when I respond. :)
hee hee whoops........what can I say? I am just so excited for you! Thanks for the update and looking forward to an update after your midwives tomorrow, although I was thinking......wasn't Marty born on a Sunday after being a week overdue. Today might be the day!!
ReplyDeleteHoping todays the day! Thanks for the congrats note - can't wait to send you one!
ReplyDeleteThinking of you. The Bumbo is on it's way. Blessings, Rachel!!
ReplyDeleteI know waiting is not fun. But in church this morning I had a thought. I recognize it may not be worth much, but I still wanted to share it. I was holding Erza while he slept, listening to the last Advent sermon, and I thought how very special it was to have a baby boy at Christmas time. Then I remembered that you would have such a very fresh one right close to Christmas Day. While that may not be fun for his birthdays down the road, I hope that you are able to find a new connection to the story of the birth of Jesus while you wait to have your own son this Christmas.
ReplyDeletePraying for you!
Corban was six days late and it was a loonnngggg six days! So I can imagine you are done, and have been for a while now. Hang in there!
ReplyDeletei can't wait for the arrival or your little boy rachel! i've been checking in- waiting along with you but definitely not in the same way you wait...soon you will hold him in your arms! i remember praying each night before i went to bed being overdue that i'd wake up in serious labour pains, not the funnest thought but atleast it would mean something was happening---hope that comes to you soon, but in the form or the best labour imaginable:)
ReplyDelete