Saturday, August 19, 2006

such a busy summer!

And it's nearly over! We should have had a guest book to record all the company we've had this summer. My parents were here in early June for a few days to meet Marty, the Gordon family came for a few days in early July, Melea & Noah were here July 10-18, Carolynn & Karen July 22-27, Gramma Z. August 3-8, "Mama & Mampa" M. August 14-19 (said goodbye this morning). Paul also had a few brief visits with Brent & Clive. Did I miss anyone? We haven't had time to be lonely or homesick. Perhaps this is feeling like home ...

Tomorrow we're off to Terrace for the first of two weeks of camp. The first week is youth camp, followed by Junior camp the week after. I'll be out with the boys both weeks. There will be lots of eager baby-holders and kid-chasers at youth camp and I'm bringing a graduated student along to Junior camp as extra arms, legs & eyes. Several days of each week, we'll go out to the lake for the afternoon. I know Max will have a blast getting wet and dirty, and exploring the great big world. I just really really hope he doesn't decide to give up his aftrnoon nap.

We'll be home on Friday & Saturday before going back out next week, so you likely won't hear from me again until then. I'll look forward to reading lots of your updates when I return.

No comments:

Post a Comment